HOW TO REPAIR A DOOR LOCK - WINDOWS REPAIR CD - REPAIR CRACKED LEATHER SEATS.
How To Repair A Door Lock
- Any type of mechanical lock designed to prevent the opening of a hoistway door from the landing side.
- A mechanism for allowing a door to be opened either by the operation of a key on the outside of the door or by releasing a mechanical switch on the inside of the door.
- Latching device, which secures a door in the closed position.
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- the act of putting something in working order again
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
And This Is The Damage
This is what confronted me when I home to my flat. Fortunately, the bastards only took my laptop - but they did have a little rifle through my bedroom drawers, presumably for cash or jewellery. Frankly, they clearly weren't the brightest bunch. They took my laptop - but they didn't take my passport which was sitting on the desk right next to it... and given the age of my laptop, probably would be worth more on the black market, through the right contents. Now I've got the fun of trying to get my estate management company to sort out a new door to look forward to. Oh, and if you wondered how much it costs to get an emergency door repair man out after 10pm on a Friday night to fit a board over a smashed lock - ?260. Yeah, that'll be reclaimed from the estate management company's buildings insurance. But blimey.
This photo shows that the front door is damage severely. The structure and the door have been compromised due to damage and needs repair. Either a new door frame or reinforcements added behind the locking mechanism. This door could easily be kicked in with little force. I do not know how the door got this way but being a house that is all girls we would feel better if the door and locking mechanism were up to safety standards. Code 4.11, Page 5.