The following issues are identified and are being debated by the AB Regionalization Study Committee (Group B):
[Previous Issue Group] [Next Issue Group]
- Will there be any change in the operating budget assessment allocation formula? How will potential savings/benefits be shared?
- Should there be a change in the process to authorize debt?
- Will there be any change in the capital assessment formula?
- Will the assessments continue to be based on a three-year rolling enrollment average?
- Should the operating costs of Acton and Boxborough elementary schools be separated to allow one town to contribute supplemental funs for specific services? [i.e., special budgetary consideration for special programs; e.g., music, ESL, special education, tutors, curricula, etc.]
- How will transportation costs be assessed/allocated?
- Should transportation costs be allocated the same percentage as operating costs OR as actual costs?
- How would OPEB be handled to insure consistency in funding between the member entities and the proposed new preK-12 region?
- How will financial benefits of an expanded region be shared in a favorable way to both communities?
- Should there be any changes in Section 11 ("Budget")) of the current Regional Agreement to allow more involvement of the Acton Leadership Group and the Boxborough Leadership Forum?