- Information, timelines, and links to the memos themselves:
- Accountability for Torture (ACLU)
- The Torture Archive (George Washington University)
- The Torture Timeline (Foreign Policy)
- The Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) Report and Related Documents:
- OPR Final Report, released 02/19/2010
- Memorandum for the Attorney General, by David Margolis
- Drafts and related documents
- Other organizations working for torture accountability:
- Alliance for Justice
- Bill of Rights Defense Committee
- Committee Against Torture (NLG, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter)
- BLOGs with news and commentary on the torture memos and related issues:
- American Constitution Society Blog
- Glenn Greenwald
- Legal Ethics Forum
- Other news and commentary on the torture memos and related issues:
- The Torture Lawyers, Editorial, New York Times, February 24, 2010.
- UC should rethink 'cleared' Yoo, Tam Ma, Letter to the editor, Sacramento Bee, February 24, 2010.
- John Yoo, interview, Forum with Michael Krasny, February 22, 2010.
- Justice Department decision on terror memos sparks legal debate, Carrie Johnson, Washington Post, February 21, 2010.
- The OPR Report is Only the Beginning, Daphne Eviatar, Huffington Post, February 20, 2010.
- Waterboarding memo lawyers will not be disciplined, Philip Sherwell, Telegraph, February 20, 2010.
- A Timeline of the OPR Report, Joe Palazzolo, Main Justice, February 19, 2010.
- Justice Department Will Not Punish Yoo and Bybee Because Most Lawyers are Scum Anyway, John Balkin, Balkinization, February 19, 2010.
- Report Faults 2 Authors of Bush Terror Memos, Eric Lichtblau and Scott Shane, New York Times, February 19, 2010
- "Poor Judgment" - Yoo, Bybee And The Torture Memos, Marc Ambinder, The Atlantic, February 19, 2010.
- Justice Department Report Reveals New Details About Development And Justification Of Torture Program, ACLU, February 19, 2010.
- Long-Awaited "Torture Memos" Report Reveals Evidence Requiring a Full-Scale Investigation of Torture, Alliance for Justice, February 19, 2010.
- Layers petition court to hold Yoo accountable, Bob Egelko, San Francisco Chronicle, February 10, 2010.
- Margolis Moves to Exonerate Yoo and Bybee as Criminal Investigation Opens in Spain, Scott Horton, Harper's Magazine, February 1, 2010.
- Holder/DoJ Cover-up on Torture Memos Investigation: Who is David Margolis?, Valtin, Daily Kos, January 31, 2010.
- Justice Department Clears Torture Memo Authors John Yoo, Jay Bybee of Misconduct, Jason Leopold, Peter B. Collins, Truthout, January 29, 2010.
- Justice Official Clears Bush Lawyers in Torture Memo Probe, Michael Isikoff and Daniel Klaidman, Newsweek, January 29, 2010.
- Torture Never Stopped Under Obama, Shamus Cooke, Global Research, January 26, 2010.
- U.S. Ordered to Produce Detainee Abuse Evidence, Avery Fellow, Courthouse News Service, January 26, 2010.
- The Guantanamo "Suicides": A Camp Delta sergeant blows the whistle, Scott Horton, Harper's Magazine, January 18, 2010.
- Activists Target 'Secret class,' Emma Anderson, The Daily Californian, January 14, 2010.
- John Yoo Interview Reflection, The Daily Show with John Steward, January 12, 2010.
- John Yoo Extended Interview Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, The Daily Show with John Stewart, January 7, 2010.
- OPR Torture Report Still Under Review, Should be Released "Soon," Jason Leopold, Truthout, January 7, 2010.
- White House wants suit against Yoo dismissed, Bob Egelko, San Francisco Chronicle, December 8, 2009.
- The "Torture Memos" and the Increasingly Indefensible DOJ, Nan Aron, Huffington Post, December 7, 2009.
- DOJ to the Rescue... of John Yoo, Scott Horton, Harper's Magazine, December 4, 2009.
- Is Obama's civil liberties record understandable?, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, November 27, 2009.
- Torture fails us all, Mary Fitzgerald, Guardian, November 25, 2009.
- Lawyers Slam DOJ for Arguing U.S. Officials Aren't Liable for Torture Abroad, Daphne Eviatar, Washington Independent, November 24, 2009.
- Phil Carter's resignation from key detainee policy post, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, November 25, 2009.
- UK role in torture of British citizens in Pakistan condemned, Ian Cobain, Guardian, November 24, 2009.
- The Fall of Greg Craig, Massimo Calabresi & Michael Weisskopf, Time.com, November 19, 2009.
- The administration guts its own argument for 9/11 trials, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, November 19, 2009.
- Holder, Obama on the KSM trial, OPR torture report, David Dayen, Firedoglake, November 18, 2009.
- Holder: OPR Torture Report Should Be Out By Month's End, Zachary Roth, Talking Points Memo Muckraker, November 18, 2009.
- Pentagon blocks release of all Bush-era detainee abuse photos, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, November 16, 2009.
- Detainees to get the "state-always-wins" system of "justice," Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, November 13, 2009.
- Water boarding? "Torture memo" writer not around to discuss it, Frank Mickadeit, Orange County Register, November 12, 2009.
- The Psychological Cost of Condoning Torture is Too High, Bill Roller, The Daily Californian, November 10, 2009.
- Bush DOJ Official Agrees "Torture Memo" Lawyers Should Be Investigated, Nan Aron, Huffington Post, November 6, 2009.
- The Torture Memos: The Case Against the Lawyers, David Cole, The New York Review of Books, October 8, 2009.
- CIA Inspector General: Zubaydah's Torture Preceded John Yoo's Torture Memo, Jason Leopold, Truthout, September 14, 2009.
- Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases, David Johnston, New York Times, August 24, 2009.
- NPR's ombudsman: Why we bar the word "torture," Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, June 22, 2009.
- Democratic complicity and what "politicizing justice" really means, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, April 24, 2009.
- Where "Those Methods" Lead, Eugene Robinson, Washington Post, April 24, 2009.
- Reclaiming America's Soul, Paul Krugman, New York Times, April 23, 2009.
- Why Obama Needs to Reveal Even More on Torture, Robert Baer, Time.com, April 20, 2009.
- Torture and the rule of law, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, July 12, 2008.
- Book Cites Secret Red Cross Report of C.I.A. Torture of Qaeda Captives, Scott Shane, New York Times, July 11, 2008.
- John Yoo's war crimes, Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com, April 2, 2008.
Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency, Barton Gellman (The Penguin Press 2008)
Bad Advice: Bush’s Lawyers in the War on Terror, Harold Bruff (University Press of Kansas 2009)
The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals, Jane Mayer (Doubleday 2008)
The Eight O’Clock Ferry to the Windward Side: Fighting the Lawless World of Guantanamo Bay, Clive Stafford Smith (Nation Books 2007)
The Terror Presidency: Law and Judgment Inside the Bush Administration, Jack L. Goldsmith, former Assistant Attorney General, Office of Legal Counsel (W.W. Norton & Company 2007)
The Torture Debate in America, Karen J. Greenberg, ed. (Cambridge University Press 2006)
The Torture Papers: The Road to Abu Ghraib, Karen J. Greenberg & Joshua L. Dratel, eds. (Cambridge University Press 2005)
Torture Team: Rumsfeld’s Memo and the Betrayal of American Values, Phillipe Sands (Palgrave Macmillan 2008)
War by Other Means: An Insider’s Account of the War on Terror, John Yoo (Atlantic Monthly Press 2006)