The Shade Tree Commission stands ready to assist you in selecting, planting and caring for trees. We maintain a series of plant lists to guide the process.
Throughout the year, we rely on volunteers of all ages and abilities to water, mulch and prune newly-planted trees, and to tend our forests
- Please consider "adopting" one or more trees. We especially need help with watering until we get to cooler days. Many hands make light work! Tp volunteer, contact us at email@example.com.
- In 2015 we identified forest stewardship of the Ardsley Wildlife Sanctuary as a strategic priority.
- Coming soon- monthly tree tending parties- do a little tree tending and socialize with fellow tree lovers...
If you are looking to purchase a tree, you might consider:
- Trees for Abington- for many years, Abington Township has offered bare root trees for purchase by residents and business owners as part to the Pennsylvania Tree Vitalize. We are currently offering bare root trees for a subsidized price of $25 per tree, for pick up on November 14, 2015. Quantities are limited. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in purchasing a tree.
- The Green Program- The Green Program is a PEC award-winning community tree planting program. Contributions from individuals or groups are accepted for the purpose of installing plant material in parks and open spaces. For details see the Abington Township Environmental Advisory site at http://eac-abington.org/
In addition to the above programs, residents are encouraged to direct questions about trees to the STC at email@example.com