Following is the membership information for 2016, through December 31, 2016. Please make your 2016 membership request either orally or by email (contact).
Membership allows a sense of community with people of like mind, but is not a requirement for participating in ashram activities; all are welcome. Membership in the ashram is based on commitments to sadhana and satsang. Membership is active through the last day of the current year. Reaffirmation or renewal of membership is effective the beginning of the new year, January 1, somewhat like the New Year resolutions we are all familiar with. Your request for membership is your statement of the following:
- PERSPECTIVES: Affirm that your personal perspectives (world views, philosophies of life) are in alignment with the principles and practices of the tradition and the ashram.
- DAILY MEDITATION: Commitment is to daily meditation, every day, regardless of the nature and length of that meditation. There may be one or more meditations per day, but the commitment is for one.
- ALIGNING ONE MEDITATION: Commitment to align at least one of your meditations per week to the meditation schedule at the ashram, which is four times per day, seven days per week (28 different times). In this way there will always be at least one time per week in which we are sitting together even if you are in a different city or country.
- SELF-AWARENESS: Commitment is to practice self-awareness or meditation in action every day, with a gentle vow to yourself to expand or deepen that awareness over time.
- SATSANG: Commitment to participate in at least one of the ten-twelve ashram satsangs per week, whether physically here in the ashram or online.
- ONGOING LEARNING: Commitment is to some form of weekly ongoing learning of principles supporting practices, whether through personal contact, ashram Facebook groups, books, websites, audios, or videos.
DUES: There are no dues or fees for ashram membership, although we understand that members lovingly want to support the ashram through service or monetary donations.
FACEBOOK: We have a private Facebook group for members so that we may have a more intimate community. We will add you or invite you to the group if you have a Facebook account.
Thank you for your interest in Abhyasa Ashram and our programs. I look forward to hearing from you.
In loving service,
Swami J and Ma Tri
Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
Swami Ma Tripurashakti Bharati
505 Hooper Drive
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548