How can I get a good grade in math class?
- Come to class with the 7 daily materials you need to be successful.
- Participate positively daily to get a good participation grade.
- Keep your binder organized.
- Make sure assignments are completed and turned in on time.
- Do your best on all tests and quizzes.
- Check your progress regularly on School Loop using your computer or your phone.
- Feel free to arrange a conference with me during office hours if you are concerned about your grade.
What are the 7 daily supplies?These are the 7 daily supplies you should bring to class each day:
- Math Binder
- Math Folder
- Graph paper
What are my first priorities when I enter class?
- Complete the Do Now
- Turn in HW
- Perform your group job and group role
Should I use a pen or pencil?
Pencils only please. Please bring a small sharpener if needed.
How can I check my grade?
- You can check your academic grade on School Loop.
- You can check you participation points and citizenship grade on Bloomz.
How do I get a good participation and citizenship grade? To get a good participation and citizenship grade in math class
- Make sure you do the DAILY 10 every day.
- Work effectively in group work-communicating with others and taking care of each other.
- Check the details of your weekly participation and citizenship grade by logging in to Bloomz
- Keep your binder organized.
What are the Daily 10 participation points?
The Daily 10
- Arrive on time and prepared with 7 daily supplies (2 points)
- Participate (2 points)
- Complete your classwork (2 points)
- Group Job (2 points)
- Demonstrate the mathematical practice we are focusing on (2 points)
Do I have math homework tonight?
Yes. Monday to Thursday. Fridays there will be extra credit home work problems available to students who want them. Check the Agenda Board in class and School Loop online for daily assigned homework.
When do I turn in homework?
Homework is usually turned in the day after it was assigned. Check the Agenda Board in class for which homework to TURN IN daily.
How do I organize my binder?
Each paper will have a number in the lower right hand corner and a letter.
- C = classwork
- H = homework
- D = Do Nows
- E = Exams
Just organize the pages in numerical order in each section. Check the Math 7 and the Math 8 Class Binders if you need to see an example of to see how to organize your binder.
Are you available for extra help?
I am available to help students during office hours.
What is the best way to reach you?
You can reach me several ways!
- Send an email through School Loop
- Send a message through Bloomz
- Send an email to email@example.com
What should I do if I miss a class?
If a you miss a class you can:
- Check the School Loop calendar to see what homework was due.
- Check the Class Planner in class to see what we worked on.
- Come to Office Hours.
Where can I get a copy of handouts if I was absent or if I lost them?
Your group's Facilitator would have put copies of the handouts in your group's Absent Student Folder. They will give you your copies the day you return to class. You can also print out a copy of handouts from School Loop.
What should I do if I fall behind?
Do the most current assignments first.
- Once you are back on track, go
back and do old assignments to learn what you may have missed.
- Get tutoring during office hours for extra help.
Can I retake a test or quiz for a better grade? When?
Yes. You can retake any test or quiz as many times as you need to. Before retaking and exam you must do Exam Corrections and have checkpoint done by either a peer tutor or Ms. Abernethy
- If you take the same exam I will average your original score and the retake score.
- If you take a different exam, I will replace the old score with the new score.
Can I turn in homework late? What is it worth?
Late assignments will be accepted but will not receive a grade higher than 60%. Your homework is worth 70% if it is one day late and 60%
if it is more than one day late. Homework worth 90% if you have an
All late work must be turned in with a signed Late Assignment Notification form signed by the student’s guardian and stapled to each page, OR one signed Late Assignment Notification and a signed current progress report stapled to your late work. Highlight the missing assignments you are turning on the progress report.
Do I need to bring my Ipad everyday?
We will be using the Ipads for Do Nows, exams, tasks, formative assessments, portfolios, and more! Please be sure to bring your Ipad every day as part of the 7 daily supplies.