The Hispanic Issues in Behavior Therapy (HIBT) Special Interest Group (SIG) has two primary goals:
1. Support interest and clinical work in research focusing on Hispanic issues in behavior therapy.
2. Raise awareness of behavior therapy activities in Latin America and Spain.
To accomplish these goals, we seek opportunities to network at national conferences, update members about activities relevant to these goals through emails and this website, and provide mentorship to students and junior colleagues.
New Initiatives in 2013:
* Establishment of a SIG website
* Creation of SIG membership awards
* Reinstatement of SIG business meetings at the annual ABCT conference
* Establishment of a SIG Student Representative
* Invitation of scholars to present outstanding SIG-related research orally at the SIG business meeting and in poster format at the ABCT SIG cocktail hour