AS OF 2017, THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. Visit AbbyGoldsmith.com/Bibliography for the current version.
- "An Aeon Ahead," science fiction, forthcoming from Metasagas Press in Futuristica, Vol.2.,
- "Post-American Princess," originally in Dark Recesses Press #13, Oct 2012 | Fantastic Stories of the Imagination, September 2016.
- "Father's Footsteps," originally in Well Told Tales podcast, Sept 2008, reprinted in Digital Fantasy Fiction, July 2016.
- "Psychodrome and Skyway," a romantic story set in the Torth universe, in the Love Free or Die anthology, February 2015.
- "The Men's Room," a free flash fiction sci-fi tale, in Every Day Fiction, December 2014.
- "Handicapped," a horror tale, in Soon: Four Chilling Tales, October 2013. Available free on Wattpad.
- "The Big Mermaid," a romantic tale, is featured in When Dreams Come True, 2013. Available free on Wattpad.
- "The Lion Within" is set in my Torth universe, and featured in Suddenly Lost in Words, vol.2, January 2013.
- "A Taste of Time", originally published in Deep Magic #24, May 2004, is available free on Wattpad, or as mp3 or text in Escape Pod, April 2011.
- "Shirley Knott" was in AlienSkin Magazine, autumn 2008 - 2014. It even had a cute illustration!
- "The Wolf Is Here, the Bear Is Here" won Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future, 2007.
- "The Aeon Project" won second place in the Conduit Short Story Contest, 2005.
- "Leveling Mountains" is featured in March 2005 of Aoife's Kiss, and included in the sixth Wondrous Web Worlds anthology, 2005.
- "Sunrise" is featured in Cyberpulp Magazine Issue #1, June 2004. Out of print.
- "The Blur" is free in Twilight Times, Summer 2004.
- "Decrepit" was the 90-word daily story of April 29, 2004 in Flashshot. Out of print.
- "Fiction" was featured in Neverary, October 2003. Out of print.
- "Lightbringer's Class," set in my Torth universe, was featured in Shining Waters Fantasy Literature, February 2003, and won Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future 2007.
ARTICLES and REVIEWS
- "CGI is Not Made by Computers" free guest post on Dan Koboldt's blog, May 2015.
- "Is Space Adventure on the Brink of a Renaissance?" free guest post on Nathan Barra's blog, March 2015.
- "Implausible Dystopias: Logic Problems in Contemporary Dystopian Fiction" free in The Copperfield Review, April 2012.
- "How to Stock Your Magic-Fighting Toolkit" is about magical talismans. Available free in Fantasy Magazine, August 2011.
- "Down the Tube" is about film adaptations of books. Published and free in The Internet Review of Science Fiction, August 2006.
- "Short Story Writing for the Novelist at Heart" was originally published in Neverary.com (now defunct), October 2004.
- Robert Jordan: Genius or Hack? is free on SFFWorld.com, January 2002.
- Sexism in Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time is originally free on SFFWorld.com, February 2002, and later updated on my website.
- "Otherland: The Sea of Silver Light", by Tad Williams. My review was published on Nabou, October 2001.
NOVELS: NOT YET PUBLISHED
- City of Slaves / Galactic Minds: Torth Book 1 Approx. 120,000 words, complete. Five humans are torn from their ordinary lives and forced to survive on another world, ruled by mind readers, where keeping a secret can mean death. Dark science fiction.
- Land of Hope: Torth Book 2 Approx. 96,000 words, complete. After escaping slavery in the alien city ruled by mind readers known as the Torth, the group of fugitives must continue to hide and survive on an alien world.
- The Dead City: Torth Book 3 Approx. 126,000 words, completed in 2009. Hunted by the powerful mind readers known as the Torth, the group of fugitives discover a secret society that can help them fight back instead of hiding.
- World of Wreckage: Torth Book 4 Approx. 110,000 words, completed in 2010. The group of escaped slaves and criminals defy the powerful mind readers known as Torth, causing a chain reaction of destruction and war.
- Galaxy at War: Torth Book 5 Approx. 125,000 words, first draft completed in 2013. Runaway slaves and rebels fight the galactic Torth Empire. One book remains to be written after this in the Torth series.
- Untitled: Torth Book 6 Outlined. Final volume in the Torth series.
- The Illusionist Approx. 58,000 words, completed in 2001. Young Adult /Science Fantasy. An impoverished girl teams up with a foreign businessman to defeat their mutual enemies and restore her family's status. Unpublished.
- The Torth Resurgence -- Science Fiction/Fantasy. Approx. 113,000 words, abandoned in 1998. Two friends become heroes in parallel universes, and when they are reunited, they can no longer tolerate each other.
- Summer of Fire Approx. 30,000 words, abandoned in 2008. A young aristocrat loses his family, wealth, and status all in one night, and seeks revenge.
- Sarah's Secrets Completed in the early 1990s at the age of 12. An outcast boy discovers he has powers and an alien heritage, and saves the universe. Unpublished.
- Salt Water Completed in the early 1990s at the age of 12. An outcast boy discovers his deformed half-brother living in the basement of his mansion, and must save his most hated classmate from being devoured. Unpublished.
SCREENPLAYS: NOT YET OPTIONED
- Darwin's Gap -- Animation, work-in-progress, 2013. In the town of Darwin's Gap, where animals are civilized, the herbivores and carnivores in 8th grade have a problem with each other.
- Eden -- ScifFi Thriller. 100 pages, completed in 2005, awaiting time for revisions. A team of explorerers on a newly settled planet become host bodies for intelligent alien parasites.
COVER ART and BOOK ILLUSTRATIONS
- Interior Illustrations for Yoga for the Belizean Soul, by Maria Long.
- Interior Illustrations for Skeptoid 4, by Brian Dunning.
- Cover for the ebook Fried Zombie Dee-Light!, by Susan Abel Sullivan.
- Cover for the ebook Chomp, by Brian Rappatta.
- Cover for the ebook Slaves of God, by Brian Rappatta.
- Interior Illustrations for Bees in My Butt, by Rebecca Shelley. Published by Wonder Realm Books, 2011 (available on the Nook, Kindle, other ereaders, and in print).
- Interior Illustrations for We Flushed it Down the Potty, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for I Took a Burp, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for I Lost My Head, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for My Stomach Explodes, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for All I Got for Christmas, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for To Monkey With Love. Yuck!, by Rebecca Shelley.
Abby is a graduate of the Odyssey Fantasy Writing Workshop and the California Institute of the Arts. She works as a 2D and 3D animator in the video game industry.
RETURN TO MAIN WEBSITE