Home‎ > ‎

Parish Church

  
St. Margaret of Antioch 
 
 
CHURCH DIARY 
 
 

OCTOBER 1st


6:00 pm 

HOLY COMMUNION

OCTOBER 8th

GROUP SERVICE


10:00 am


HARVEST FESTIVAL FAMILY COMMUNION


OCTOBER 15th

9:30 am


MORNING PRAYER

 
OCTOBER 22nd


11:00 am

ALL AGE WORSHIP

OCTOBER 29th  

GROUP SERVICES


10:00 am AT GREAT GRANSDEN 

6:15 pm 
 

FAMILY COMMUNION 


EVENING PRAYER  AND DINNER AT PEMBROKE COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE 

NOVEMBER 5th

6:00 pm


HOLY COMMUNION

 


DATES FOR YOUR DIARY



 
 


 

 PRIEST

The Reverend Catharine Furlong

LICENSED LAY MINISTER

A J Bevens

 CHURCHWARDEN

Julie Wisson

 

 

This large Cambridgeshire church, in a pretty village setting, was built in the 13th and 14th centuries.

Crowning the impressive tower are four statues at its corners, said to be the kings William the Conqueror, Harold, Macbeth and Malcolm. The Kings of Scotland were also Earls of Huntingdon and Malcolm’s wife, Margaret, was canonised in 1250.

 In the south aisle is an elaborate tomb recess, linked to the Tillys who held the manor from 1312 and may have paid for the church.

A sensitive 1861 restoration was by Butterfield who also designed many of the fittings. The chancel is still in use as the parish church.

 

 

 

 

The nave of the church is cared for by The Churches Conservation Trust, the national charity protecting churches at risk.    

http://www.visitchurches.org.uk/

 

 

 
  
 





 8th and  9th September 2012

 FLOWER FESTIVAL AND HERITAGE OPEN WEEKEND
 
                                                       
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
June 19th and June 20th  2010
 FLOWER FESTIVAL and CHURCH CONSERVATION TRUST OPEN WEEKEND