So far, this is my favorite bundt cake. You won't be able to resist this moist lemony cake, beautifully iced and so stunning - it looked better than the picture in the magazine! It's quite fast to make and tastes like it took hours. Great for parties or as a housewarming present, or for any occasion, really. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Combine 4 tbsp ring and 3 tbsp juice in small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Beat butter with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Add remaining 1½ cups sugar, rind mixture and extracts, beating until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lower mixer speed to low and add flour mixture and buttermilks alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and buttermilk in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until smooth and drizzle over cake. Top with grated lemon zest if you'd like. Enjoy!