Chun-Han Lin (林均翰)
No 88, Sec 4, Tingzhou Rd, Wenshan Dist, Taipei 11677, Taiwan (ROC).
Email address: chlin AT ntnu.edu.tw
Chun-Han Lin was born in New Taipei, Taiwan. He received the B.S. and the M.S. degrees in computer information science from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan. He then obtained the Ph.D degree in computer science from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan. He is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering at National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan. His research interests are in the areas of cloud computing systems, embedded systems, and wireless sensor networks. He is a member of the IEEE.
- PHD in Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University
- MS in Department of Computer Information Science, National Chiao Tung University
- Adviser: Prof. Shyan-Ming Yuan
- Thesis: An Object-Oriented Surface-to-Air Missile Control Training System
- BS in Department of Computer Information Science, National Chiao Tung University
- Minor: Electronics Engineering
- High school in Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School
- Cloud-computing Systems: Energy-saving Service.
- Embedded Systems: Energy-saving Technology.
- Sensor Networks: Low-cost Deployment.
- 2017, Finalist of Design Contest, ACM/IEEE ISLPED. (with Chih-Kai Kang and Pi-Cheng Hsiu)
- Entry: An Atomic-Aware Design to Maximize Energy Utilization on NVP-Based Self-Powered Sensor Systems. (video, certificate)
- 2015, Rewards for Special Talents, National Taiwan Normal University.
- 2014, Postdoctoral Fellows' Subsidies for Attending Foreign Meetings, Foundation for the Advancement of Outstanding Scholarship.
- 2013, Postdoctoral Fellow, Academia Sinica. (Acceptance rate: 34%=70/207)
- 2011, Champion of Mobile Application Track, Telecom Innovation & Application Contest. (10,547 teams) (with Cheng-Kang Hsieh, Pi-Cheng Hsiu, and Chih-Chuan Cheng)
- 2011, Second runner-up of Cloud Application Track, Telecom Innovation & Application Contest. (10,547 teams) (with Cheng-Kang Hsieh, Pi-Cheng Hsiu, and Chih-Chuan Cheng)
- 2011, Winner of Design Contest, ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED). (with Cheng-Kang Hsieh and Pi-Cheng Hsiu)
- Entry: A Cloud-Based Energy-Saving Service for Mobile Streaming Applications (slides, certificate)
- 2017/8~2020/7, Ministry of Science and Technology (R.O.C), Power-saving Techniques with Highly Computational Efficiency for Mobile OLED Displays. (MOST106-2221-E-003-004-MY3)
- 2014/9~2017/7, Ministry of Science and Technology (R.O.C), Power-saving Techniques with High Visual-quality for Mobile OLED Displays. (MOST103-2218-E-003-002-MY3)
- 2018: Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Yuan Ze University; Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi University
- Context-Aware, Perception-Guided Workload Characterization and Resource Scheduling on Mobile Phones for Interactive Applications
- 2017, ACM Multimedia Systems
- Sensor-Deployment Strategies for Indoor Robot Navigation
- 2016, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Yuan Ze University
- 2015, Department of Computer Science & Information Engineering, National Yunlin University of Science & Technology
- 2014: Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Yuan Ze University; Department of Information and Computer Engineering (ICE), Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU)
- 2011, Department of Management Information System (MIS), National Chiayi University (NCYU)
- 2017, Member, International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA).
- 2015, Member, International Workshop on Ad Hoc, Sensor and P2P Networks.
Referee for Journals
- 2018: ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR); IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT); IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (TIM)
- 2017: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC).
- 2016: IJDSN; TIIS.
- 2015: JISE; Korean Society for Internet Information (KSII), Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS); Optical Society (OSA), Journal of Display Technology (JDT); Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Transactions on Image Processing (TIP).
- 2014: SAGE, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Dorma Trading, Est. Publishing Manager, International Journal of Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJCSSE); IJAHUC; JISE.
- 2013: Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing (IJAHUC).
- 2012: Academia Sinica, Journal of Information Science and Engineering (JISE); Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, International Journal of Sensor Network (IJSNET).
- 2011: Hindawi Publishing Corporation, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN).
Referee for Conferences
- 2014: BDSE; Secondary, WPMC; Secondary, ETFA; IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA).
- 2013: Secondary, ETFA; Secondary, International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering (BDSE).
- 2012: Secondary, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS); Secondary, ETFA; Secondary, International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC); Secondary, Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC).
- 2011: Secondary, IEEE Annual International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM); Secondary, Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC).
- 2010: Secondary, IEEE Symposium on Object/Component/Service-oriented Real-time Distributed Computing (ISORC); Secondary, IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factor Automation (ETFA).
- 2011 - present, Member, IEEE.
- 2010, Student member, IEEE.