WINDOW ROLLER SHUTTERS : ARROW GAZEBO CANOPY
Window Roller Shutters
- (Roller-shutter) A roller shutter, roller door or sectional overhead door is a type of door or window shutter consisting of many horizontal slats (or sometimes bars or web systems) hinged together. The door is raised to open it and lowered to close it.
- (Roller Shutter) This is a door made of a number of narrow steel flats joined together horizontally. They are fitted into vertical guides at either end which allow them to slide up and down. The narrow slats enable the door to be rolled up around a tube at the top.
- An opening in a wall or screen through which customers are served in a bank, ticket office, or similar building
- a transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- A pane of glass filling such an opening
- An opening in the wall or roof of a building or vehicle that is fitted with glass or other transparent material in a frame to admit light or air and allow people to see out
- a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
On the window
I found these tools hanging on the latticed window ''Koushi'' of a luxury Japanese restaurant ''Ryoutei'' in Gion town, Kyoto. These names are ''Oke'' and ''Shamoji'' in Japanese language. Both tools are used when we make ''Sushi-meshi''. ''Sushi-meshi'' is made of Japanese rice mixed with rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and kombu soup stock and Japanese sake. Traditionally, the mixing is done with a hangiri, which is a round, flat-bottom wooden tub ''Oke'', and a wooden paddle ''Shamoji''.
Window...s! - Finestr...e!
I saw this lovely window with the open little one, in Dobbiaco, wonderful mountain place in the Italian Alps, but very cold in winter!!! Ho visto questa deliziosa finestra con quella piccolina aperta, a Dobbiaco, bellissimo luogo di montagna nelle Alpi italiane, ma molto freddo in inverno!!!