Here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it
may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to
Russia, Turkey, Egypt, India, China, Japan, and South America are probably owned, so far as any nation can be owned, in London or Paris. Payment of interest on these vast sums is secured by the pledging of the public revenues of these countries... In addition, a very large share, if not the major part, of the stocks and industrial securities of the world are owned by those two nations and the policies of many of the world’s enterprises dictated by their financial heads. The world itself, in fact, pays them tribute; it actually rises in the morning to earn its living by utilizing their capital, and occupies its days in making the money to pay them interest, which is to make them still wealthier.
The weapons of the “system” are bully and bluff, bribery and besmear, and the bewilderment of the public by being able through control or intimidation of public sources of information to accuse each of the successive challengers of “One World” of its own ideology of world rule and exploitation; and to convict them of its own lies and crimes.
E. C. Knuth, The Empire of “The City”
“The City of London” and The British Empire
The Empire of “The City” by E.C. Knuth is a short (111 pages) book first published in 1944. I bought the book from of former FBI officer, Ted Gunderson, who recommended it most highly. Although some 64 years have elapsed since this book was first published, it still offers an essential understanding of how “International Finance” came to dominate the world and how it continues to move us ever closer towards a one-world super-government.
“Empire of “The City” describes the “stunning history and legal structure of a sovereign world state located in the financial district (of) the city of London.” Author Knuth reveals that “the malignant disease which underlies modern civilization,” is nothing less than the grand plan to implement a secret British “One World” order. Here, Knuth documents the 130+ years of geopolitical history of the British Empire leading up to the establishment of modern international structures such as the United Nations, the World Bank, and International Monetary Fund in 1944.
Knuth demonstrates that these international institutions are, in fact, merely extensions of the “secret world super-government,” that is “The City of London,” which, in turn, is run by the Bank of England. The Bank of England in turn has been controlled by the House of Rothschild since 1813. The Encyclopedia Americana notes that the privately-owned Bank of England is not subject to any control by any government agency of Great Britain and is, in fact, above all government. Thus, former British Prime Minister David Lloyd George asserted that: “Britain is the slave of an international financial block.”
The British international financial oligarchy has prevailed over many other potential world powers (including France, Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary, Russia, China, and Turkey), through a series of planned wars and depressions, broken treaties, and deceptions. Here, we also learn that “the bloody struggle between France and England for world supremacy in what was actually modern World War I, which reduced all Europe into a vast sink of despair and bankruptcy; elevated the House of Rothschild to financial and political domination of all Europe and much of the rest of the world:”
Two-time British Prime Minister (1868 and 1874-1880) and very close friend of Baron Rothschild, Benjamin Disraeli, once stated that the purpose of the British Empire was to:
That “the City” succeeded in these goals is evidenced by the fact that as of 1944;
The United Nations, of course, is the second attempt by International Finance to construct a system of version of international governance. The League of Nations was the first. According to Knuth:
The House of Rothschild and the British Empire
Thus, Knuth documents that the hidden power behind the British Empire is the “vast, secret world of International Finance.” This “financial oligarchy” seized control of the British Government in 1813, when the House of Rothschild gained control of the Bank of England at the conclusion of the Napoleonic wars. Knuth states:
The “Great Game” and the “Balance of Power”
Defining geopolitics as the struggle for space and power, Knuth outlines the essential details of Britain’s 100+ year struggle for world domination known as the “Great Game,” “the Concert of Europe,” and “the Balance of Power.”
New York University Professor Edwin J. Clapp outlined the “Balance of Power” strategy by which “The City” maintains power through the British Empire:
1) To divide the nations of Europe into two antagonistic camps of nearly equal military weight, so as to retain for Britain itself the power to sway a decision either way.
2) To make the leading and potentially most dangerous military power the particular prey of British suppression and to have the second strongest power on the other side. To subsidize the “most Favored nations” with financial investments, and to permit them to acquire political advantages under the beneficent protection of the Sea-Power, to the disadvantage and at the expense of the nations being suppressed.
3) To subject the continent of Europe to the “Policy of Encirclement” so as to keep the nations in the continent in poverty and ineffectiveness, and thereby prevent the growth of sufficient commercial expansion and wealth to create a rival sea-power.
4) To retain that complete control and hegemony over all the seas of the world, which was acquired by defeating the allied fleets of its only real rivals, France and Spain, in 1805; and which is artfully and subtly called “The Freedom of the Seas.”
5) To shift this Balance of Power as required so as to be able to strike down friend or foe in the rapidly shifting scene of world power politics, in that inexorable ideology that demands that everything and anything must be sacrificed where the future welfare and expansion of the eventual destiny of the Empire are affected; that eventual destiny outlined by its proponents as the eventual control of All the lands, and All the peoples, of All the world.
Thus, the ultimate goal of “The City” is total world domination.
Secret Societies and the United States as Junior Partner in the British Empire
Knuth reveals the importance of secret international societies, such as the Pilgrim Society, in guiding the world toward “One World” government under British rule. There are countless other secret societies, of course, with basically the same goal. Other, older secret societies with apparently the same objective include the Illuminati, founded in 1776, The Order of Skull and Bones, founded in 1832, and the Masons. According to Knuth:
Why is “Empire of “The City” relevant and important to Americans today? Because Knuth documents the extent to which U.S. foreign and domestic policy has been dictated by “The City.” He maintains that Britain has essentially run America’s foreign affairs since 1897.
“The City” administered the coup de grace to the Concert of Europe with the formation of the overwhelming British-French-Dutch-Japanese-American imperialistic combine of 1897, which awarded the Philippine Islands and permission to build the Panama Canal to America as her quid pro quo.
Thus, Knuth contends that the American political machine merged with that of “The City” during the great depression of the 1890’s, at which time Wall Street became essentially “a branch office of the Bank of England.” Shortly thereafter, the U.S. started the Spanish American war and began its own imperial expansion by forcibly taking Cuba, Panama, and the Philippines.
New York Senator Chancey M. Depew described America’s new imperial role in 1900:
Senator Robert M. La Follette, Sr., in a speech to the U.S. Senate in 1908, revealed that America’s new imperial role was not the result of the popular will, but rather that:
Knuth further notes that:
Indeed, chief robber baron, Andrew Carnegie himself acknowledged in 1886:
Unfortunately, Knuth finds that these underlying geopolitical realities are not understood by Americans:
Machiavellian principles: “The friend of today is the opponent of tomorrow”
American’s general ignorance of the geopolitical history of the British Empire and indeed, the very existence and central role of “The City” makes America vulnerable to the Machiavellian predations of the international financial elite. Knuth observes:
So Knuth offers a basic refresher course in Machiavellian principles:
And how does “the City” manage to keep Americans in the dark from generation to generation? Because it has almost complete control over world news and the sources of public information.
The Five Ideologies of Space and Power
Knuth’s Chapter XIII spells out the five generally competing ideologies of space and power. These include, in descending order of geographical scope:
1) The secret “One-World” ideology of international finance aimed at the eventual rule over all the world by the British Government. This would consist of world rule by “a closely knit and well-disciplined group of special privilege,” and really is “secret only in the United States, as most European people have a fair conception of its existence and workings.”
2) The “Pan-Slavic” ideology of Russia as originally conceived in the will of Peter the Great. This encompasses the “Bolshevist doctrine of world rule by the proletariat, with death to Capitalism and the International Capitalist.” We may assume that this ideology is more or less synonymous with international communism as practiced in the Soviet Union, China, and Cuba.
3) The “Asia for the Asiatics” ideology of Japan, which would consist of a confederation of Asian nations dominated by Japan.
4) Pan-Germanism, which would include German political control over Europe and the “open door” in world trade and commerce. Might this be synonymous with Hitler’s brand of fascism?
5)Pan-Americanism, in which the United States exerts political control over all the Americas, as outlined in the Monroe Doctrine.
Knuth contends that America subscribed to ideology # 5 (Pan-Americanism) for 75 years between the formulation of the Monroe Doctrine in 1823 up to 1897, when the American Pilgrim Society and it’s partners adopted ideology number 1 in concert with their British counterparts. He also contends that ideology #1 arose in Britain in the 1890’s and was the expression of the vision of Cecil Rhodes of a one-government, warless world. Integral to this vision is the belief in the racial superiority of white Anglo-Saxons. William Allen White stated: “It is the destiny of the pure Aryan Anglo-Saxon race to dominate the world and kill off or else reduce to servile status all other inferior races.”
The 1897 Alliance between the U.S. and Britain: A “New World Order?”
Thus, we see that over the past nearly two centuries, the secret powers of “International Finance” have moved slowly and steadily toward the implementation of their long-held goal- a one-world super-government dominated by the privileged few.