Making every child’s potential a reality.
· A powerful voice for all children,
· A relevant resource for families and communities, and
· A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
· To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
· To raise the standards of home life.
· To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
· To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
· To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The Mission of the Seven Bar PTA
The mission of the 7Bar PTA is to promote the education, safety, and health of our children by partnering with teachers, staff, parents, and our community. Nationally, PTA has been achieving this mission for over 100 years. Although some may think that the PTA is only a money-raising powerhouse, this was not and is not the true mission of the PTA. PTA has been responsible for bringing changes to schools around the country, such as bringing hot lunches to schools. The 7Bar PTA helps achieve this mission by raising money to improve our school by sponsoring and/or helping with programs throughout the school year and by completing capital improvement projects.
In keeping with the PTA mission, this year the 7Bar PTA will continue to strive to improve our programs. Some of our new programs for 2010-2011 are bus club of the month to encourage character counts on the bus, testing success to encourage success on standardized testing, student success to encourage overall student academic and social success, Founder's Day to foster knowledge of why PTA was created, Red Ribbon to encourage students to stay drug-free, birthday recognition to foster self-esteem, Earth Day to encourage respect for the environment, and literacy to encourage reading.
Finally, the board is striving to make the PTA an all inclusive organization. We welcome anyone who would like to volunteer with one of our many events or with one of our committees. We are working very hard to improve communication between the PTA and parents. We have a brand new bulletin board in the lobby were information about events, programs, and PTA goals will be posted. We also have the PTA website that includes information about the Seven Bar PTA such as our budget, bylaws, mission, vision, and event information. We hope to make the PTA a welcoming and inviting organization and increase our participation to 100% in the upcoming years. We hope to make Seven Bar Elementary a welcoming school for all families as well.
2011-2012 PTA Board
President - Melissa Creese
Vice-President - Laura Johnson
Secretary- Julie Kachelmeier
Treasurer - Michelle Ngo
Membership Coordinator - Julie Martinez
Dine-Out Coordinator - Thelma Olivas
Volunteer Coordinators - Jullie Cline