Welcome to sixth grade and welcome to Walsh Middle School. My name is Mrs. Gloski and I am the math teacher for the 6Z team. I look forward to working with your child as he/she begins a new educational journey. I know it will be an exciting year.
1. PENCILS (Work will not be accepted in pen.)
2. A one-inch binder
3. Loose leaf notebook paper
4. A package of dividers (5 tabs)
5. A box of tissues (not required, but would be GREATLY appreciated)
Framingham 6th graders use the Impact texbook. This will not be handed out immediately. If you are interested in looking at the book, I have listed below, the instructions to view the online edition of the Impact book. A second book, Hot Topics will be used for review and as a home resource. The Hot Topics book will remain at home. All textbooks will be returned at the end of the school year. Please remind your child to take care of these books.
The sixth grade curriculum is based on the principles of the Massachusetts Curriculum Framework for Mathematics which incorporates the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. A copy of this will be handed out during the Open House (Thursday, September 26, 2013).
Term grades will be based on class participation (10%), classwork (20%), homework (10%),and assessments (60%).
I have high expectations for this school year and hope you do as well. I look forward to meeting you. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
TO ACCESS THE ONLINE EDITION OF THE IMPACT BOOK:
1. Go to http://glencoe.com/ose/
2. Type in the access code: F28DCE07A (Use a zero, not the letter O).
3. You can select the chapter in the Table of Contents (top left) or type in the page number (bottom middle).