Large antique dining table. Kitchen table rolling chairs.
Large Antique Dining Table
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- A table on which meals are served in a dining room
- (Dining Tables) The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- old-timer: an elderly man
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- a garment size for a large person
- at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
- Of greater size than the ordinary, esp. with reference to a size of clothing or to the size of a packaged commodity
- Of considerable or relatively great size, extent, or capacity
- Pursuing an occupation or commercial activity on a significant scale
- above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
Blue dining room + green and white accents
"Entertaining is what Palm Beach is all about," says designer Gary McBournie. Everything white, including a sideboard from Lars Bolander and vintage Chinese Chippendale chairs, makes a crisp contrast to custom-glazed duck-egg-blue walls. Though new, the Dennis & Leen chandelier was found in a Palm Beach antiques shop: "It was probably too large for someone's house. But here, it fills that void at the center of the room and gives it character." Photo by James Merrell, House Beautiful, Dec. 2008.
Dining table - side detail
This was my nana's dining table. My brother took care of it after she died, but he decided he wanted a different table so I brought it down to Canberra. It is now a (very large) hall table in my living room. I love it, and I am always reminded of family Christmas dinners at this table.