Solid Motorcycle Wheels - Alloy Wheel Cleaning Brushes
Solid Motorcycle Wheels
- a motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame
- MotorCycle is the title of a 1993 album by rock band Daniel Amos, released on BAI Records. The album was dedicated to the memory of songwriter Mark Heard.
- A two-wheeled vehicle that is powered by a motor and has no pedals
- motorbike: ride a motorcycle
- Used in reference to the cycle of a specified condition or set of events
- steering wheel: a handwheel that is used for steering
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and forms part of a machine
- (wheel) a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move easily over the ground
- (wheel) change directions as if revolving on a pivot; "They wheeled their horses around and left"
- Firm and stable in shape; not liquid or fluid
- Strongly built or made of strong materials; not flimsy or slender
- Having three dimensions
- characterized by good substantial quality; "solid comfort"; "a solid base hit"
- matter that is solid at room temperature and pressure
- the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
solid motorcycle wheels - HJC CL-16
HJC CL-16 Solid Helmet - Small/Matte Black
HJC CL-16 Solid Helmet Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
Aerodynamic shell shape reduces turbulence
Impact absorbing, multi-density EPS liner ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
Scoop top intake vent combine with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation, helping to pull heat and humidity up and out of the helmets interior
Chin bar intake vent provides airflow across the shield interior to help eliminate shield fogging
Side chin bar venture exhaust vents for increased heat and humidity dissipation SpeedCool RemovableWashable Interior Lining
Moisture-wicking and odor-free interior with advanced SpeedCool anti-bacterial fabric
Multi-layer contoured cheek pads improve fit and comfort
Pinlock Prepared HJ-09 Shield with anti-scratch coating and RapidFire Shield Replacement System
Optically correct, three dimensional design face shield offers 95% UV protection
RapidFire shield replacement system allows for quick, secure and tool-less shield removal and installation
Includes clear Pinlock lens shield insert
Nylon Strap Retention System neatly secures chin strapsnap
Hildebrand & Wolfmüller,......if this isn't antique?
Hildebrand & Wolfmuller 1894 This is what "Yesterdays" has to tell about this 116 year old mechanical wonder; There had been steam-driven ‘boneshakers’ on both sides of the Atlantic in the 1860s and, of course, Gottlieb Daimler’s gasoline-engined Einspur of 1885, but the Hildebrand & Wolfmuller was the first powered two-wheeler to enter series production; indeed, it is the first such device to which the name ‘motorcycle’ (motorrad in German) was ever applied. (Although a true motorcycle, Daimler’s was only ever intended as a test-bed for his high-revving internal combustion engine, and as soon as that was powerful enough he turned his attention to automobiles). Like many of their contemporaries, the Hildebrand brothers, Henry and Wilhelm, began by experimenting with steam power before turning to a (two-stroke) gasoline engine, the latter having been developed in partnership with Alois Wolfmuller and his mechanic, Hans Geisenhof. The quartet’s next design was a water-cooled, four-stroke parallel twin displacing 1,488cc, which until relatively recent times was the largest power unit ever fitted to a motorcycle. The Hildebrands were in the cycle business so their new engine was mounted in a bicycle frame of the newly developed ‘safety’ configuration. When this proved insufficiently robust, a more integrated arrangement was devised, based on that of the Hildebrands’ defunct steamer, and the name ‘motorrad’ registered for the new invention, which was patented in January 1894. Steam locomotive practice was further recalled by the long connecting rods directly linking the pistons to the rear wheel, which opened and closed the mechanical exhaust valves via pushrods actuated by a cam on the hub. The latter contained an epicyclic reduction gear and there was no crankshaft flywheel, the solid disc rear wheel serving that purpose. Rubber bands assisted the pistons on the return stroke at low revs. Fuel mixture was fed from the tank that also acted as a surface carburettor and thence via atmospheric inlet valves to the cylinders where it was ignited by nickel hot tube, as developed by Daimler. The box-like rear mudguard acted as a reservoir for the engine’s cooling water, while two of the frame tubes served as the oil tank. The tyres, manufactured under license from Dunlop by Veith in Germany, were the first of the pneumatic variety ever fitted to a motorcycle. Although modern in many respects, the H&W was primitive in others, most notably the brakes, which consisted of a steel ‘spoon’ working on the front tyre, the application of which automatically closed the throttle. The rider controlled the latter by means of a rotating thumbscrew; there was no clutch, which made starting an athletic procedure, the machine being pushed until it fired, whereupon its rider leapt aboard while simultaneously trying to regulate engine speed. Despite producing only 2.5bhp at 240rpm, the H&W was capable of speeds approaching 30mph, an exciting prospect at a time when powered road transport of any sort was still a novelty. The H&W’s announcement was greeted with considerable enthusiasm and plans drawn up to build a factory in Munich to produce it. In the meantime, numerous small workshops manufactured parts for the machine, which was also licensed to the firm of Duncan, Superbie et Cie for manufacture at its plant in Croissy, France where it would be marketed as ‘La Petrolette’. Six Petrolettes were exhibited at the first Paris Motor Salon held in December 1895 and by 1896 some 50-or-so had been delivered. Despite some impressive demonstration performances by factory riders, the H&W’s shortcomings became all too apparent once deliveries to paying customers commenced. The crudity of the hot tube ignition meant that starting was difficult and, once under way, progress was erratic because of the rear wheel’s poor flywheel effect. Duncan, Superbie et Cie lost a court case against a dissatisfied customer, whereupon many others promptly demanded their money back. Early in 1897 both the German and French ventures collapsed. Opinion differs with regard to how many machines were produced, figures ranging from as low as 800 to as high as 2,000 being quoted. This 1894 Hildebrand & Wolfmuller is the sole survivor of the only known machine sold to the Netherlands and is still part of an important private collection. Although ultimately a failure, the Hildebrand & Wolfmuller nevertheless deserves its place in history as the World’s first ever production motorcycle. If Motorcycling can be said to have started anywhere in particular - it started here.
CORGI SCOOTER. 98 cc TWO STROKE.
The Corgi Motorcycle Co Ltd. was a British motorcycle manufacturer based in Southport that produced 98 cc scooters developed by managing director John Dolphin from the military Welbike motorcycle. Production of the Corgi scooter for the UK market began in 1948 and 27,050 were manufactured before production ended in October 1954 History Founded by managing director John Dolphin at the end of the Second World War in 1946 the Corgi Motorcycle Company was formed to develop a civilian version of his 98 cc Welbike, which had been designed at The Frythe in Hertordshire to be dropped by parachute to support airborne troops. The main difference between the Corgi scooter and the Welbike were that frame was more solid (as weight was no longer such an issue) and the Corgi had a fuel tank in the normal motorcycle position between the handlebars and the saddle. Both were otherwise very similar with small wheels and folding handlebars and seat. Both had 98 cc two-stroke engine with a single gear. The original Corgi scooter was started by pushing, but the Mark 2 was fitted with a kick start and two clutches – a conventional handlebar operated clutch and a "dog-clutch" operated by folding down the right hand footrest to engage the rear wheel, to enable the Corgi to be kick-started and run whilst stationary. Brockhouse Corgi Mk2 A company called Brockhouse Engineering of Southport built Corgi scooters (powered by an Excelsior Spryt Autocycle engine) under licence and many were exported to the United States between 1947 to 1954. Sold through a department store the Corgi was branded the Indian Papoose for the US market. Production of the Corgi scooter for the UK market began in 1948 and 27,050 were manufactured before production ended in October 1954. As a marketing stunt a Corgi scooter was ridden across the American continent. They were also used by the US Air Force during the Korean War as transport for maintenance staff and were kept aboard aircraft for use by aircrew. Corgi scooters were available with optional sidecars, which were also produced by Brockhouse
solid motorcycle wheels
Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Engineered Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection
SpeedShift quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less
EverClear no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating
KwikWick moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable
Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet
Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance
Custom liner and cheek pad kits: Available in hot colors and wild patterns
Snell/DOT Certified. Size 3X DOT Certified Only