CEASARS PALACE HOTEL AND CASINO. BEST HOTEL MALLORCA.
Ceasars Palace Hotel And Casino
- Caesars Palace is a luxury hotel and casino located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada, an unincorporated township in Clark County, Nevada, United States in the Las Vegas metropolitan area. Caesars Palace is owned and operated by Harrah's Entertainment.
- a public building for gambling and entertainment
- A public room or building where gambling games are played
- a card game in which cards face up on the table are taken with eligible cards in the hand
- A casino is a facility that houses and accommodates certain types of gambling activities. Casinos are most commonly built near or combined with hotels, restaurants, retail shopping, cruise ships and other tourist attractions.
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
ceasars palace hotel and casino - Storming Caesar's
Storming Caesar's Palace: How Black Mothers Fought Their Own War on Poverty
In Storming Caesars Palace, historian Annelise Orleck tells the compelling story of how a group of welfare mothers built one of this country's most successful antipoverty programs. Declaring "We can do it and do it better," these women proved that poor mothers are the real experts on poverty. In 1972 they founded Operation Life, which was responsible for many firsts for the poor in Las Vegas-the first library, medical center, daycare center, job training, and senior citizen housing. By the late 1970s, Operation Life was bringing millions of dollars into the community. These women became influential in Washington, DC-respected and listened to by political heavyweights such as Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Ted Kennedy, and Jimmy Carter. Though they lost their funding with the country's move toward conservatism in the 1980s, their struggles and phenomenal triumphs still stand as a critical lesson about what can be achieved when those on welfare chart their own course.
Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino
Das von Jay Samo geplante Hotel mit angeschlossenem Kasino wurde am 5. August 1966 eroffnet. Der Name leitet sich von Julius Caesar her, dem Herrscher des antiken Rom, und soll dessen Pracht widerspiegeln.
Im Laufe der Jahre wurde das Hotel mehrfach umgebaut und erweitert.
Am 17. Oktober 1981 und am 25. September 1982 fand auf dem Parkplatzgelande der Grand Prix der USA statt. Sieger der Formel-1-Rennen waren Alain Jones (1981) sowie Michele Alboreto (1982). Da der Parkplatz des Caesars Palace sehr uneben war, fand der Grand Prix nur zweimal in Las Vegas statt. Zur Zeit wird uberlegt, den Grand Prix der USA im Jahr 2007 wieder in Las Vegas auszurichten, dann allerdings auf der Casinomeile (Stand Anfang 2006).
Das Caesars Palace war in den 1980er Jahren Austragungsort vieler beruhmter Box-Kampfe, bevor es in den 1990er Jahren von einem reinen Kasino-Hotel zu einem familienfreundlichen Unterhaltungskomplex umgebaut wurde. Diese Wandlung haben alle gro?en Hotels in Las Vegas durchgemacht. Auch heute finden allerdings noch Boxkampfe statt, vor allem in der Au?enanlage "Thomas and Mack Arena".
2003 wurde das Colosseum eroffnet, eine modernes Theatergebaude mit uber 4000 Sitzplatzen, das dem antiken Kolosseum in Rom nachempfunden ist.
Viele Kunstler haben im Laufe der Jahre im Caesars Palace gastiert, beispielsweise Liberace und David Copperfield. Seit Marz 2003 stehen abwechselnd Celine Dion und Elton John auf der Buhne des Colosseum. Fur die Pussycat Dolls wurde vor kurzem die "Pussycat Dolls Lounge" eroffnet, in der sie auch auftreten.
Im Jahr 2005 hat der franzosische 3-Sterne-Koch Guy Savoy ein Restaurant im Caesars Palace eroffnet. Der Neubau eines uber 100 Meter hohen Hotelturms mit mehr als 900 Zimmern wurde im gleichen Jahr fertiggestellt und erhoht die Anzahl der Gastezimmer im Caesars Palace auf 3.348.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pussycat Dolls Casino @ Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino
Pussycat Dolls Casino @ Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino
ceasars palace hotel and casino
An unprecedented 5 year run! More than 700 sold out shows! 3 million spectators! Everything about the record -breaking show that changed the history of entertainment scene in Las Vegas!
This 2 set Blu-ray Disc includes Celine Dion's show in the colosseum at Caesars Palace and three exclusive documentaries: Travel to Las Vegas with the fans- join Celine at home, in her car, in her dressing room and even backstage - find out all the secrets of "A New Day"
More Than 5 hours of Never Before Seen Footage
Blu-ray Disc Trackslisting:
1.A New Day Has Come
2.The Power Of Love
3.It's All Coming Back To Me Now
4.Because You Loved Me
5.To Love You More
7.I Drove All Night
9.If I Could
10.Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore
13.All The Way
14.I've Got The World On A String
16.Love Can Move Mountains
17.River Deep, Mountain High
18.My Heart Will Go On
The Concert (93 minutes)
Because You Loved Me - A Tribute to The Fans (41 minutes)
A New Day: All Access (120 minutes)
A New Day: The Secrets (53 minutes)
Mastered in High Definition
PCM (uncompressed) Stereo (48kHz/24bit)
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround Sound (96 kHz/24bit)
Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (448kbps)
If you were one of the handful of folks who missed Celine Dion's mega-run in Las Vegas, fear not: Celine Dion: A New Day is a riveting, sumptuous front-row seat to the whole extravagant experience. As concert DVDs go, this is a show of a lifetime, nearly six hours featuring not only no-expenses-spared production values and every song from Dion's famed show, but priceless extras as well. Dion's substantial voice is in fine form, and sparkles on signature tunes like "A New Day Has Come," "The Power of Love," and of course the theme from Titanic, "My Heart Will Go On" (and Dion-watchers will note that she's thankfully dialed back the breast-beating that used to accompany this song).
But as impressive as the performances are--and they include the talented gymnasts, dancers, and backup singers who work as a Cirque du Soleil-style ensemble--the set's most memorable moments are found in the personal footage and extras. Dion comes across as truly humble and approachable, with a wicked sense of humor and real compassion for her hard-working staff and her fans. There are sweet, intimate moments of Dion with her husband and son, as well as telling scenes that show her true resourcefulness (girlfriend does her own makeup!). The many docs include one on the building of her special theater and the building of the show from the ground up. "If you're going to gamble," says Dion's manager and husband, Rene Angelil, "Vegas is the place to do it." Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. --A.T. Hurley