How to Import Contacts Using a CSV File
1. Open the spreadsheet select File > Download as > Comma Separated Values.
2. Open Gmail.com and select Gmail > Contacts at the top left of the page.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the sidebar and select Import contacts.
4. Select the .CSV file from the hard drive. It will most likely appear in the Download folder.
5. The new contacts will appear in the address book as a Contact List.
6. To rename the Contact List, select More > Rename.
7. To create a second Contact List, select the contacts for the second group.
8. Select Groups > New Group and type a name for the new group.
9. To merge the contacts and eliminate duplicates, click the Find & Merge Duplicates warning that appears at the top of the page.
CSV files may also be used as a format to download and save the results classroom surveys. Once the survey is submitted, the data is captured on a spreadsheet in Google Drive. The spreadsheet may be downloaded as a .CSV file for manipulation in other programs. The .CSV file is useful as it is not software specific and can be read by most data processing software.