1. Open your web browser and type the following url into the address bar: picasaweb.google.com.
2. Next, log-in using your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one as shown below.
3. If this is your first time using Picasaweb, you will be asked to create a public Google profile. Please click accept.
4. To begin uploading pictures and creating photo albums. Click the upload button to create a new photo album with pictures.
5. Once your pictures have been uploaded, you may add captions, comments, tag other Picasaweb members to your photos, geotag, and share your pictures via email. HTML code is also available for website developers.
6. Once you upload a picture/pictures, please click "Action" and "Album Properties" to create a title, date, description, and the location of the photos. Privacy settings are available underneath '"Visibility" and click "Save changes".
7. If you would like to create another album, always click the "Upload" button. But, if you would like to add pictures to an already existing album, click on the album you would like to add pictures to, and click "Add photos."
Please note that there is a difference between Picasa and Picasaweb. Picasaweb is an online photo organizing/sharing website similar to Photobucket, Imageshack, and Tinypic (just to name a few). Picasa, however, is a program which can be downloaded to your computer through the Picasaweb website. In regards to photo/image management, Picasa is similar to OSX's iPhoto, and Windows' Windows Photo Gallery. The biggest difference between the web-based Picasaweb and software-based Picasa is in Picasa's uploading capabilities. When using Picasaweb, you are limited to five uploads at a time, whereas Picasa allows you to mass-upload to Picasaweb. If you are using a Macintosh, and your primary photo managing software is iPhoto, a Picasa plug-in is available. The plug-in allows both programs to work cooperatively to allow users of iPhoto to upload their pictures to Picasaweb directly.