A screen shot is the capture of your computer screen in a picture. You are able to capture as much or as little of your computer screen as you would like.
There are different ways to capture a screen shot depending on the computer you are working with.
1. Press Alt+ Print Screen
*The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the key names on your keyboard may vary)
2. Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
4. When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click Save As.
5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.
1. In an Apple computer you press command+shift+4
Your mouse will change from the usual pointer to a different type of cursor
2. Click in area you want to cover and starting to drag the cursor into any corner of the figure.
Cover entire figure you want copied (The gray rectangle contains what will be copied)
Finish the copy by "unclicking" when the desired figure is covered entirely by this gray rectangle.
3. The picture will be sent to the desktop folder right after step 2.
To access this screenshot for future use, it can be found on the desktop as if it were any file.
For example, if you wanted to include the picture in a document or website, its location would be "Desktop".