Dining Room Tables Sets - Contemporary Side Table - Custom Wood Table Tops
Dining Room Tables Sets
- A room in a house or hotel in which meals are eaten
- dining room: a room used for dining
- A dining room is a room for consuming food. In modern times it is usually adjacent to the kitchen for convenience in serving, although in medieval times it was often on an entirely different floor level.
- The Dining Room is a play by the American playwright A. R. Gurney. It was first produced in New York, New York at the Studio Theatre of Playwrights Horizons, opening January 31, 1981.
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- (table) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Postpone consideration of
- (table) a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- (table) postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- (set) a group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used; "a set of books"; "a set of golf clubs"; "a set of teeth"
- (set) put: put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- A group or collection of things that belong together, resemble one another, or are usually found together
- A group of people with common interests or occupations or of similar social status
- (set) fit(p): (usually followed by `to' or `for') on the point of or strongly disposed; "in no fit state to continue"; "fit to drop"; "laughing fit to burst"; "she was fit to scream"; "primed for a fight"; "we are set to go at any time"
- A collection of implements, containers, or other objects customarily used together for a specific purpose
dining room tables sets - Set with
Set with Style: Perfect Tables from the Dining Room to the Kitchen
Whether using heirloom china or a hot designer’s latest tableware collection–for an intimate dinner for two or a family feast for ten–set a table to impress.
Faced with thousands of inspiring choices for table settings and decorations to fit every occasion, hosts and hostesses have never been more enticed to turn out both a great meal and an equally appealing stage on which to serve it.
Author Caroline Clifton-Mogg knows that creating a table setting, no matter how simple or instinctive, is a form of interior decoration and design; so she has put together a masterful list of internationally acclaimed designers and decorators (such as John Saladino and Vicente Wolf), all of whom have showcased their signature styles for table settings. Set with Style offers an unprecedented cache of ideas that will ensure that entertaining your favorite guests is a pleasure instead of an overwhelming challenge; if your taste tends toward delicate crystal romance or even whimsical flea-market flair, you can achieve the most breathtaking visual treat on your tabletop.
Illustrated with more than 300 lavish photos, Set with Style highlights:
• The history of dining etiquette and traditions (from time-honored rituals to quirky customs)
• Table-setting styles (from contemporary style with Peri Wolfman and Reed Krakoff to retro style with Glen Senk and Keith Johnson of Anthropologie)
• Practical tips (from the creative use of accessories to what to look for when buying china, glass, flatware, and linen) from designers such as Sally Sirkin Lewis
• A resource guide (featuring a directory of china and glass suppliers and table-accessory manufacturers)
Whether you just want to spruce up an ordinary family supper or pull out all the stops for a high-class event, Set with Style will ensure that every occasion will be a beautiful one.
Genesee Country Museum - Hamilton House - Dining Room
The is the formal dining room at the Hamilton House. Notice the elegant table setting. In front of the window, behind the table, is a chaise lounge which has the same design as the chairs at the table. The door to the right leads into the formal parlor. Located in the Turn of the Century section at the Genesee Country Village & Museum, 1410 Flint Hill Road (George Street) in Mumford, NY.
Dining Room Set for Dinner
I love that we have a Franklin Stove in the dining room because it always makes for a real cozy dining experience and gives me another mantle to decorate. This year I went with lots of organics -- fresh greenery of all kinds, clementines, nuts, and pomegranates. When the season is over we'll eat the decorations!