Vintage Modern Coffee Table : 60 Inch Glass Table Top : Distressed Pine Table.
Vintage Modern Coffee Table
- low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- Of, relating to, or denoting wine of high quality
- Vintage, in wine-making, is the process of picking grapes and creating the finished product. A vintage wine is one made from grapes that were all, or primarily, grown and harvested in a single specified year.
- a season's yield of wine from a vineyard
- the oldness of wines
- Denoting something of high quality, esp. something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work
- A person who advocates or practices a departure from traditional styles or values
- a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
- a contemporary person
- belonging to the modern era; since the Middle Ages; "modern art"; "modern furniture"; "modern history"; "totem poles are modern rather than prehistoric"
vintage modern coffee table - The Vintage
The Vintage Book of Contemporary World Poetry
This groundbreaking volume may well be the poetry anthology for the global village. As selected by J.D. McClatchy, this collection includes masterpieces from four continents and more than two dozen languages in translations by such distinguished poets as Elizabeth Bishop, W.S. Merwin, Ted Hughes, and Seamus Heaney. Among the countries and writers represented are:
China--Bei Dao, Shu Ting
El Salvador--Claribel Alegria
Greece--Odysseus Elytis, Yannis Ritsos
Poland--Zbigniew Herbert, Czeslaw Milosz
Russia--Joseph Brodsky, Yevgeny Yevtushenko
Senegal--Leopold Sedar Senghor
South Africa--Breyten Breytenbach
St. Lucia, West Indies--Derek Walcott
Authentic Vintage Barcelona Coffee Table by Knoll
Vintage coffee table, designed by Ludwig Mies Van der Rohe as part of the Barcelona Pavillion exposition in 1929. This table is made of a single piece of solid stainless steel, polished to a near-chrome shine. Bottom center is stamped "KP" for Knoll Productions. In excellent vintage condition, with light scratches to the original glass top. Table base measures 27 1/4" square, and 16 1/4" high. Diagonally, frame measures 38". Table top measures 39 1/2" square, and 3/4" thick.
New (to me) Coffee Table!
Scored this fab mid century, danish modern coffee table this weekend. It was designed and manufactured by Adrian Pearsall who was the owner of Craft Associates. I paid more than I usually do for MCM treasures (150 clams), but it's in pristine condition, and I knew the only buyer's remorse I would have later would be for NOT buying it!