DINING TABLE WITH 2 LEAVES. DINING ROOM TABLE MEASUREMENTS
Dining Table With 2 Leaves
- A table on which meals are served in a dining room
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- (Dining Tables) The first dining tables of which survivors remain are the type known as refectory tables. They are made usually of oak, and one of the earliest, at Penshurst Place in Kent, has a typical thick top of joined planks supported on three separate trestles.
- (leaf) the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants
- (leaf) a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
- Time when one has permission to be absent from work or from duty in the armed forces
- (leaf) flick: look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
- two: the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
- .2 Network (pronounced Dot-Two Network) is the name of an upcoming television network designed for digital television subchannels (hence the ".2") owned by Guardian Enterprise Group that will replace the GTN network on a date yet to be announced.
- two: being one more than one; "he received two messages"
dining table with 2 leaves - The Book
The Book of Leaves: A Leaf-by-Leaf Guide to Six Hundred of the World's Great Trees
Of all our childhood memories, few are quite as thrilling, or as tactile, as those of climbing trees. Scampering up the rough trunk, spying on the world from the cool green shelter of the canopy, lying on a limb and looking up through the leaves at the summer sun almost made it seem as if we were made for trees, and trees for us.Even in adulthood, trees retain their power, from the refreshing way their waves of green break the monotony of a cityscape to the way their autumn transformations take our breath away.
In this lavishly illustrated volume, the trees that have enriched our lives finally get their full due, through a focus on the humble leaves that serve, in a sense, as their public face. The Book of Leaves offers a visually stunning and scientifically engaging guide to six hundred of the most impressive and beautiful leaves from around the world. Each leaf is reproduced here at its actual size, in full color, and is accompanied by an explanation of the range, distribution, abundance, and habitat of the tree on which it’s found. Brief scientific and historical accounts of each tree and related species include fun-filled facts and anecdotes that broaden its portrait.
The Henry’s Maple, for instance, found in China and named for an Irish doctor who collected leaves there, bears little initial resemblance to the statuesque maples of North America, from its diminutive stature to its unusual trifoliolate leaves. Or the Mediterranean Olive, which has been known to live for more than 1,500 years and whose short, narrow leaves only fall after two or three years, pushed out in stages by the emergence of younger leaves.
From the familiar friends of our backyards to the giants of deep woods, The Book of Leaves brings the forest to life—and to our living rooms—as never before.
Solid Oak Dining Table with Eight Chairs (includes 2 leaf exts.)
Solid oak dining table, with two leaf extensions. Dark brown/espresso stain. Seats 6-10 people. Comes with eight chairs. Aluminum accents at corners. Was $3500 new. Asking $600 with chairs included or best offer. (crazy price, but we have new furniture coming and this has to go...)
Oak Dining Table with Carved Base
Fantastic oak dining table with carved stretcher base. Fabulous column details. Nice ballance between rustic and formal. 54.5" L x 47" W x 29.5" H. Two 20" leaves which attach to the end. $2,895