History


3rd Lymm Scouts has been going since 11th January 1945 - that's over 70 years ago !!.
1st and 2nd Lymm both floundered after the war due to lack of leaders returning, thus the reason that Lymm only has a 3rd and 4th Lymm Scout group.

Scouts originally met above the Lymm hardware store ( above Lymm Lounge ), but this ended when the building was set alight.
They also occupied a wooden building (see photos below) purchased by the group from RAF Birchwood, and moved to the May Queen field ( where the Peppers are now ).
From the 70s, they occupied the old Ravenbank school kitchens that were located at our current site off Pepper Street
After 40+ years of fundraising, the purchase of the land from Cheshire County council in 1995 and a lot of hard work, the new purpose built building was completed in September 2014.

Photos from the past showing the changes in 3rd Lymm scouts over the years

Old Photos


Comments