Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by PhD students. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), the exercise cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Active PhD and Professional Doctorate (Research) candidates who have successfully passed their confirmation milestone (including candidates whose thesis is under submission) by the date of their first presentation are eligible to participate in 3MT competitions at all levels. Graduates are not eligible.
Important Date and Venue
Date :3rd April 2017 Time: 9.00 am - 12.00 noon Venue: Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School Studio
2nd Heat / Screening
- Date :6th April 2017
- Time: 9.00 am - 12.00 noon
- Venue: Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School Studio
3MT UUM 2017 Competiton
- Date : 13th April 2017
- Time: 09.00 am - 1.00 pm
- Venue: Seminar Hall, School of Multimedia Technology & Communication
Rules & Judging Criteria
A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final
|Awang Had Salleh Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Mohd Azri bin Md Nadzir
|Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate
School of Business
|Ghazali Shafie College of Law, Government and International Studies
Azam Arni Mohd Noor