Gary jacobs, john- igloo, alex - igloo, bbrown - google, bryces - google, denis beach
+ Gary jacobs, has 20k models
- needed quick way to call up stuff (digital assets), using adobe bridge to call up files
-- creating custom icons using a script then adding to the file for use in adobe bridge, uses watermarks to add logos to thumbs.
-- also using a program called Leap ($40), allows tagging, supports color tags
-- content is from lots of places, warehouse, formfonts, 3d cornucopia, and others
-- sub-licensing content is not an issue because Gary provides images of his work.
- Feature request - Support Tags directly in the file. Leap tags are currently external to files
- Use cases - classify work (models) by cost, or type of work, or materials used, or location
- Work Flow - search in leap for a piece of content ("oak"), then drag and drop the file into SketchUp
- Naming is done by date for cars or by level of detail ("Lo - ford focus")
- Warehouse improvements
-- search is sometimes poor
--- bad models are not well distinguished from good models
--- Authors are usually good indicators of model quality.
+ John from Igloo
- issue is managing 1000s of models on the 3D Warehouse.
-- tags and metadata is added "auto magically" to the model details and model attributes
-- would be nice if the warehouse pulled meta data directly from the file
-- "collections are clunky to manage"
--- Keep collections local and pass them up to the warehouse.
--- Use unix timestamps and version codes on models to be able to trouble shoot problems
- Promoting files on the warehouse
-- vignettes (scenes/groups of models ie a set of cabinets) get downloaded more often than individual models