Pressure safety valve calibration : Butterfly valves producer : Stockham gate valve
Pressure Safety Valve Calibration
- a valve in a container in which pressure can build up (as a steam boiler); it opens automatically when the pressure reaches a dangerous level
- A means of giving harmless vent to feelings of tension or stress
- A safety valve is a valve mechanism for the automatic release of a substance from a boiler, pressure vessel, or other system when the pressure or temperature exceeds preset limits. It is part of a bigger set named pressure safety valves (PSV) or pressure relief valves (PRV).
- The safety valve is a provision in the Sentencing Reform Act and the United States Federal Sentencing Guidelines that authorizes a sentence below the statutory minimum for certain nonviolent, non-managerial drug offenders with little or no criminal history.
- A valve opening automatically to relieve excessive pressure, esp. in a boiler
- (calibrate) mark (the scale of a measuring instrument) so that it can be read in the desired units; "he calibrated the thermometer for the Celsius scale"
- the act of checking or adjusting (by comparison with a standard) the accuracy of a measuring instrument; "the thermometer needed calibration"
- (calibrate) make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring; "calibrate an instrument"; "graduate a cylinder"
- The action or process of calibrating an instrument or experimental readings
- Each of a set of graduations on an instrument
- The continuous physical force exerted on or against an object by something in contact with it
- The force exerted per unit area
- the force applied to a unit area of surface; measured in pascals (SI unit) or in dynes (cgs unit); "the compressed gas exerts an increased pressure"
- coerce: to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
- The use of persuasion, influence, or intimidation to make someone do something
- a force that compels; "the public brought pressure to bear on the government"
I use the carrier as a test stand to hold rollers for running the locomotive in a stationary position. The hose on the stack is connected to a fan to provide a draft. In this testing session I set the popping pressure of the safety valves and ran the engine briefly on steam.
Related topics: automatic valve corporationsprinkler valve coversvalve steam supportradiator valve actuatorglobe stop valvefind water shut off valvefoot valve supplier