Yarn Spinning Wheel - 5th Wheel Salvage - Power Wheels Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
Yarn Spinning Wheel
- An apparatus for spinning yarn or thread, with a spindle driven by a wheel attached to a crank or treadle
- a small domestic spinning machine with a single spindle that is driven by hand or foot
- A spinning wheel is a device for spinning thread or yarn from natural or synthetic fibers.
- A throbber is a graphic found in a graphical user interface of a computer program (especially a web browser) that animates to show the user that the program is performing an action (such as downloading a web page).
- narration: the act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events; "his narration was hesitant"
- thread: a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- Tell a long or implausible story
- tell or spin a yarn
yarn spinning wheel - Lion Brand
Lion Brand Yarn 480-098H Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn, Almond
Nature's Choice is grown and spun without the use of pesticides, herbicides or other chemicals; The dyes used to create our beautiful colors are certified according to the Global Organic Textile Standard by the Institute of Marketecology; 100-Percent Organically Grown Cotton; Nature's Choice is a soft, versatile yarn that's so easy to work with and perfect for everything from baby blankets to fashion items; It's good for your knitting and good for the planet; Items made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of water, detergent or soap and gentle hand manipulation; No bleach product may be used; A machine dryer may not be used; Weight Category: 4 Medium: Worsted-weight, Afghan, Aran Yarn; Solids: 3-Ounce (85 g), 103 yd (94 m); Prints: 2-3/4-Ounce (78 g), 94 yd (86 m); Each skein measures approximately 7-1/2 by 2-1/2 by 2-1/2-Inch
Orifice Hook for a spinning wheel
An orifice hook is used to pull the yarn through a little hole in the spinning wheel...something that you HAVE to do to be able to spin yarn. I have several very functional orifice hooks, but I thought I'd experiment with a more ornate one. This one is made out of copper wire, and is decorated with glass beads and one cute copper star bead. I like the effect of the beads on the woven area, they have been left loose and they move back and forth as you move the hook. My husband said that they remind him of those beads that decorate bicycle spokes, lol.
first spinning wheel results
I dyed this roving some time ago, I don't remember when exactly. It's dyed with Wilton Dyes (for cake icing) I'm pretty sure. Today with the motor oil we bought last night, I oiled my Jensen Tina that we found at an antique mall and spun my very first wheel spun yarn. It's smooth now :) My yarn is a little overspun in sections, but I love it. It's not all the same thickness but it's pretty close! No worse than my results on a spindle :) In fact, it's less overspun than what I do on a spindle. I was surprised at that.