2317 ROYAL CANADIAN ARMY CADET CORPS
affiliated with the
30th FIELD REGIMENT ROYAL CANADIAN ARTILLERY
The Corps was formed in October 1948 under the sponsorship of the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards, and was named the 4th
Armoured Car Regiment, Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. In October 1949 the name was changed to the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards Cadet Corps. When the "PLUGS", as the Dragoon Guards were affectionately known, were placed on the Supplementary Order of Battle in January 1965, the 30th Field Regiment Royal Canadian Artillery took over sponsorship of the Cadet Corps. The Corps has since that time proudly worn the Gunner's Badge.
In 1974, Capital Branch No. 439 of The Royal Canadian Legion became the sponsor of the Corps, with the 30th Field Regiment remaining as the Affiliated Unit. In 1984, Westboro Branch No. 480 of The Royal Canadian Legion joined Branch 439 as Co-Sponsors. Today, Westboro Branch 480 is the Cadet Corps soul sponsor and the 30th Field Regiment, RCA has remained as our Affiliated Unit.
The Cadet Corps is very fortunate in having the support of two such respected organizations.