Bicycle Accident Law - Clip In Bike Pedals - Bicycle Clothing Gear.
Bicycle Accident Law
- Bicycle safety is the use of practices designed to reduce risk associated with cycling. Some of this subject matter is hotly debated: for example, the discussions as to whether bicycle helmets or cyclepaths really deliver improved safety.
- a rule or body of rules of conduct inherent in human nature and essential to or binding upon human society
- The system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties
- Such systems as a subject of study or as the basis of the legal profession
- the collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"
- legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity; "there is a law against kidnapping"
- An individual rule as part of such a system
bicycle accident law - Bicycle Accidents:
Bicycle Accidents: Biomedical, Engineering and Legal Aspects
With this book you will learn about many different aspects of bicycle accidents and the legal issues surrounding them. The authors, who between them have over twenty years experience investigation bicycle accidents, present a wealth of information including such topics as the physical and operating characteristics of bicycles, cyclist’s rights and duties, accident types, insurance and liability issues and bicycle regulatory information, including the Uniform Vehicle Code and State Bicycle Statutes.
The book is divided in to two parts for easy access to pertinent information. Part one discusses many of the physical and mental aspects of operating a bicycle. You will learn about topics such as the cycling setting, crash tests, bicycle types and designs, visual perception and response, equipment failure, and biomechanics of cycling injuries. Part two covers the legal aspects of operating a bicycle and of liability, both of the cyclist and others such as pet and property owners. This section provides information an a wide variety of topics including releases or waivers of liability, common accident types including accidents involving dogs, product defects and liability, and cycling setting defects and liability. Bicycle regulatory information is also covered in greater detail in this section. If you are handling a bicycle accident case, this book is a necessary addition to your library. Topics Include: Bicycle types, anatomy, and setup Bicycle design and equipment failure Cycling setting Bicycle accident reconstruction Crash test data Biomechanics of cycling injuries Visual behavior related to bicycles Cyclist’s rights and duties Common bicycle accident types Bicycle regulatory standards The Uniform Vehicle Code State Bicycle Statutes
'All Seeing Eye' safety device: Detects, documents and mitigates bicycle accidents. Records Geo, distance, bump and other event data. Does time lapse photos. Show photo location on a map. Device consists of Android phone, and optionally, external sensors. Distance sensor is green plastic object mounted on handlebars, Device uses Android phone talking to Arduino computer.(Tech. note: Google ADK upgradable)
Accident Hotspot - Northchurch Rd at Southgate Rd
Accident on way to work - white van in location of car pictured above failed to give way and hit my front wheel - I was in the roundabout about 2m behind where the bike is pictured above. Minor damage but I guess I was lucky (or Providence has intervened, again on my behalf!)
bicycle accident law
If you ve been injured in a bicycle accident, my hope is that, in reading this book, you ll better understand what happened to you, what steps you should take now to secure a fair settlement and what to expect in the future from the process of personal injury litigation. Injured cyclists both need and deserve adequate compensation for their losses: the cost of medical bills, missed work, lost earning potential and no less importantly the pain and suffering they endured as a result of the accident. If you would like to speak to me directly about your case, don t hesitate to contact me.