FLINTS FINE FURNITURE - FINE FURNITURE

Flints fine furniture - Cool cat furniture - Books on furniture design

Flints Fine Furniture


flints fine furniture
    furniture
  • Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
  • A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
  • Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
  • Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
  • Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
  • furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
    flints
  • A piece of flint used with steel to produce an igniting spark, e.g., in a flintlock gun, or (in modern use) a piece of an alloy used similarly, esp. in a cigarette lighter
  • (flint) flinty: showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings; "his flinty gaze"; "the child's misery would move even the most obdurate heart"
  • (flint) a river in western Georgia that flows generally south to join the Chattahoochee River at the Florida border where they form the Apalachicola River
  • (flint) a hard kind of stone; a form of silica more opaque than chalcedony
  • A hard gray rock consisting of nearly pure chert, occurring chiefly as nodules in chalk
  • A piece of this stone, esp. as flaked or ground in ancient times to form a tool or weapon
    fine
  • A sum of money exacted as a penalty by a court of law or other authority
  • money extracted as a penalty
  • all right: being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition; "an all-right movie"; "the passengers were shaken up but are all right"; "is everything all right?"; "everything's fine"; "things are okay"; "dinner and the movies had been fine"; "another minute I'd have been fine"
  • ticket: issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty; "I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"; "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
flints fine furniture - Zippo Lighter
Zippo Lighter Fluid 12OZ.
Zippo Lighter Fluid 12OZ.
12 oz can of premium Zippo lighter fluid. - Lighter Fluid 12 Oz. Can by Zippo, model 3365, UPC 041689301224, in Zippo Lighters Fuel/Flints, Weight = 0.74 lbs.

Zippo calls it "cool fuel," and now your Zippo lighters will know just how cool it is with this 12-ounce bottle of lighter fluid. Zippo's cool fuel burns cleaner and lights faster than other fuels. More noticeably, it produces less odor, making it a great choice for hunters who want to keep manmade scents to a minimum. Cigar smokers will also love the fluid, as it imparts less of an aftertaste compared to other combustible fluids, helping preserve the full flavor of the cigar. And thanks to the cool fuel's high-end refinement--which is distilled from cosmetic-grade petroleum--the lighter fluid is less irritating to the skin. This 12-ounce bottle of lighter fluid is designed for all Zippo pocket lighters. It is not for use with the Zippo Mini MPL, MPL, or Flex Neck models.

83% (17)
Tollesbury parish church
Tollesbury parish church
St. Mary's Church In Mediaeval times the parish church was the property of Saint Mary's nunnery at Barking, the nunnery was responsible for the appointment of the clergyman to the parish. When the nunnery was dissolved by Henry VIII in 1539, the manor was given to Thomas, Lord Cromwell a few days before he was made Earl of Essex. The gift of the living has passed through many hands, and now rests with Exeter College, Oxford and the Bishop of Chelmsford. The tower of the church is a most imposing structure and it may well be that here was a place of refuge for parishioners in time of attack from marauders across the North Sea. The lowest stage of the tower dates from the 11th Century and consists of rubble, flint and conglomerite walling with freestone quoins. The doorway is typical of the Tudor period. Above this stage are two more windows with 15th Century brickwork. The largest window in the tower is in the perpendicular style and the highest windows of brick were shaped in Tudor times. The tower is capped by parapet walls and pinnacles dating from the 17th Century. Buttresses are made from flint and brick. Moving towards the south porch which was added at the time of the restoration of 1872, one can see that the nave, like the base of the tower, dates from the 11th Century and is made of similar material. In this south wall, closest to the tower is a narrow window dating from Norman times. To the east, on the other side of the porch is a large perpendicular window and a further small window of similar style. The nave is strengthened by angled brick buttresses The chancel, added at the same time as the south porch has two single light windows on its north and south sides and a large four light window to the east. This window is in the decorated style with quatrefoils. On the north side of the nave is a brick buttress to the chancel, and windows which correspond to those on the other side. High in this wall, to the east of the vestry roof are the outlines of two of the original lancet type windows now blocked up. The modern vestry was added in 1955. On the north side of the nave is a brick buttress to the chancel, and windows which correspond to those on the other side. High in this wall, to the east of the vestry roof are the outlines of two of the original lancet type windows now blocked up. The modern vestry was added in 1955. Inside the church and turning to look back at the porch a splay of brickwork is exposed. This was shaped in the 11th Century and consists entirely of bricks made by the Romans. A similar splay can be seen above the tower arch. High in the wall near the tower is the small Norman window with glass depicting George, England's patron saint. It is given in memory as the tablet below tells, of Major William Charles Maskell, DSO, MC, who died in France in 1918. The glass in the 15th Century window nearby is modern. This window has three cinquefoiled lights with vertical transformed tracery in a two centred head. The glass causes it now to be known as 'The Seafarers Window', and it is intended to place on permanent record the close association between the village and the sea. The centre light shows a post resurrection appearance of Christ to his apostles, as recorded in Saint John 21, 1-13. In the left hand light are depicted four of the famous yachts that have contended for the 'The Americas Cup', yacht racing's premier trophy. Yachtsmen from the Colne and Blackwater districts have been intimately connected with it since the initial race in 1851. Indeed, men of Tollesbury participated in fifteen of the sixteen British contenders until 'Endeavour II'; the last 'Shamrock' and the two 'Endeavour' yachts were skippered by Captain Ted Heard of Tollesbury. Top left is the schooner 'America' which first won the historic race around the Isle of Wight. Second from the top is the schooner 'Cambria' which contended in 1870; third from top is 'Shamrock II' the challenger in 1899; and bottom is 'Endeavour I'. In the right hand light are to be seen the coastal vessels that plied the Essex waters. Top right is a Billy Boy; second from the top a ketch rigged barge; third is a 'Stackie', especially built to carry straw and hay to London; and bottom right is a Tollesbury oyster smack showing the rig of about 1922. The window was given by Mr. F E Hasler of New York and was dedicated on November 26th 1963, by the Revd. Stephen Bayne, the then Executive Officer of the Anglican Communion. It was designed by Mr. Derek Wilson. Close by and over the vestry door is a reproduction of a painting by an Italian master, of Saint Michael. It hangs in a position where traditionally in churches a picture of Saint Christopher was to be seen. Christopher, the patron saint of travellers, was often portrayed in mediaeval times on the wall opposite the church entrance. Any pilgrim or journeyman who saw him could feel safe from robbe
Genesee Country Museum - MacKay Homestead
Genesee Country Museum - MacKay  Homestead
This is the MacKay Homestead, built in 1814 and interpreted 1840. This building came to the Genesee Country Museum from Caledonia, NY and is now in the Antebellum Village section. Now a little bit of history: John MacKay, a Scot from Shamokin, Pa arrived at the Big Springs as an entrepeneur. By 1814, MacKay had prospered sufficiently to build the two-story brick-lined house that now looks out across the Genesee Village square. The design of MacKay's new house was the American version of the modified Georgian style, popular in the period, is termed "Federal" or "Post-Colonial". Its lightened and attenuated forms are seen in the architectural detailing of the MacKay house with its gable end turned toward the road. The elegant three-bay facade is articulated by four pilasters, linked by blind elliptical arches, and crowned by a full pediment. Positioning the short side of a house to serve as its front had an important effect upon the interior plan: the narrow end allowed for only a single room across the front, with the entrance moving to one side. MacKay's fine house was to have had a full-height portico across the front, but when the four columns ordered for the job could not be shipped from Kingston, Ontario during the War of 1812, MacKay finished off the house without the projected frontpiece. Some of the rear sections of this ample house were torn away in the early 20th-centruy. An archaeological program conducted in co-operation with the Rochester Museum & Science Center uncovered remains of foundations of the missing portions, including footings for the kitchen hearth, fireplace and oven. MacKay's house and several pieces of his furniture were given to the museum by his descendants. The Genesee Country Village & Museum is located at 1410 Flint Hill Road (George Street) in Mumford, NY.

flints fine furniture
Comments