American Made Children's Furniture - Log Wood Furniture
American Made Children's Furniture
- American Made was the ninth album by The Oak Ridge Boys It featured yet another "crossover hit" with the song "American Made", which hit #1 on the country charts (on April 23, 1983) & #72 on the U.S. Hot 100 singles chart.
- American Made is the name of the debut album by Wakefield.
- Manufactured in The United States.
- (Children (film)) Children (Icelandic: Born ) is a 2006 Icelandic film. The film was very acclaimed and won several Edda Awards. The film was also submitted as Iceland's official entry to the Academy Awards foreign film section.
- Biologically, a child (plural: children) is generally a human between the stages of birth and puberty. The legal definition of "child" generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority.
- (Children (EP)) Children is an EP by Seventh Avenue, released through Megahard on 1995.
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
american made children's furniture - Childrens Custom
Childrens Custom Made Puzzle Name - 2 Tier Step Stool
We are proud to finally offer the best wooden name letter 2-tier stools out there. We waited until we could offer what your gift recipient deserves. These are Not flimsy, small letter stools. Ours are 100% USA heavy grade wood and custom made to order. Your wooden puzzle stool starts out with complete wood. The name letters get individually cut out, smoothed, painted and finished. It ships complete. Perfect for any child's room or nursery. The strong construction lets this 2-tier stool function as a step up in the bedroom or bathroom. Takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete and cannot be rushed as they are made to order. They are well worth the wait Approximately 15" wide x 11" high and weighs about 11 lbs. Available with bright color letters or pastel color letters with lead free paint.
MONROE - WHEELER MEMORIAL LIBRARY - 00
History of the Library 1700-2005 The first true public library in the United States (that is, an institution fully tax-supported and open to all residents of the community on a free and equal basis) was the Peterborough Public Library in New Hampshire, which opened its doors to adults and children in 1833. Peterborough’s action started the American public library movement which, while slow to progress at first, had caught on by the end of the 19th Century. In 1893, the Connecticut General Assembly passed “enabling legislation” that permitted cities and towns to establish free public libraries and to allocate tax funds for their upkeep and operations. In fact, the state even agreed to award a small grant of $200 to serve as “seed money” to encourage interested communities. Having a public library in town suddenly was a matter of civic pride! Compared to these long-ago dates, the Town of Monroe’s library is a mere baby: it was founded in 1954, 61 years after the General Assembly’s forward-thinking enabling legislation. Monroe’s is one of the newest public libraries in Connecticut. It should be noted that several attempts to form a public library in this town prior to 1954 were made. In the late 1700s, the Reverend Elisha Rexford established the “New Stratford Library” at the Congregational Church on what today is the Monroe Green. In the 1860s, another minister of the Congregational Church, the Reverend Benjamin Swan, revived this library, but it survived only for a short time. From 1910 to 1915, Mrs. Henry Habersham, wife of the Rector of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, operated a town library in the brick rectory on The Green. (This house subsequently served as the rectory for St. Jude’s Roman Catholic Church.) The library operated out of the little room to the right of the front door. Mrs. Habersham was a great reader and missed easy access to books, so she arranged with the Connecticut State Library for a shipment of books to be sent to Monroe every month. When the Habershams moved, however, the library ceased operations and the books were stored away. Subsequently, they were sent overseas to American soldiers fighting in World War I. In the late 1940s, Vera Tracy, an employee of the West Hartford Public Library, donated books to the Stepney Methodist Church on Stepney Green for use as a town library. Located in the church basement, this library was staffed by volunteers and was open to all townspeople into the early 1950s, at which time its books were donated to the new town library being built on The Green. In November 1954, the residents of Monroe, acting in town meeting, resolved that “the Town of Monroe shall establish, maintain and operate a free Public Library for the use and benefit of all inhabitants of the Town…” The next year, a committee of prominent citizens was formed under the devoted leadership of Dr. and Mrs. I. L. Harshbarger, and this committee spent the next 3 years planning, building, and stocking a new, permanent Monroe Public Library, the institution that exists today. Following a long and discouraging search for a building site, the first home of today’s town library was erected on a parcel of land on the west side of The Green, a gift of Mr. and Mrs. John Vernik. The building, built by Easton contractor Albert Krisco, was a true community project. Townspeople donated everything from money to building materials to labor to paint to furniture to equipment to landscaping to books. This 1,000 square foot brick facility designed in colonial style was dedicated on March 15, 1958 and officially opened for business the next day, featuring an inventory of 4,300 volumes. Mrs. Billie D. Glenn was the first librarian and the library was open 13 hours per week. Library Card #1 was presented by Mrs. Harshbarger to Mr. Taylor Glenn in appreciation for the 3,000 books he donated (this card bore an expiration date of December 31, 1999!). In the municipal election of 1957, 6 town residents were elected as members of the newly established Library Board of Directors, with Mrs. Harshbarger serving as first chairman. She continued in that capacity until July 1966. Almost immediately, a Friends of the Library group was organized to support the library through fundraising, by sponsoring programs and receptions, and via other means. The Friends organized at the St. Peter’s Church rectory, and the Reverend Richard S. Martin served as first president. This Friends group still is active today. The sturdy little building on Monroe Green was much loved by the community and served the town’s library needs for ten years, but by the late 1960s Monroe’s population had doubled to over 10,000. The library became seriously too small to meet its mission. Speaking to the Town Council in 1968, Library Board Chairman Mrs. George B. Tyler Jr. stated that the library now required a facility of 17,000 square feet in order to offer a complete children’s department, an adequate reference collection, and a greatly-expan
The Studebaker Building
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States of America Summary Built in 1920, the Studebaker Building is one of the few automobile showrooms remaining on Brooklyn's once thriving Automobile Row, the stretch of Bedford Avenue running north and south from Fulton Street to Empire Boulevard in Crown Heights. The corporation deemed the Brooklyn location desirable due to the large number of car owners in the borough, and the building was constructed at the height of Studebaker's prominence as an automobile manufacturer. Designed by New York-based architects Tooker and Marsh, the neo-Gothic style building is brick, clad in white terra cotta manufactured by the Atlantic Terra Cotta Works, the largest fabricator of architectural terra cotta in the world from the tum-of-the-century to the Depression. Significant features of the building include segmental arched openings on the fourth floor, battlemented parapet with black and white terra-cotta wheel emblems, and neo-Gothic style details including moldings, colonettes, and figural sculpture. An excellent example of a commercial terra-cotta clad structure which served as a company icon, the Studebaker Building retains the original terra-cotta design inscribed with the name "Studebaker" in black cursive on a diagonal banner across the wheel emblem, an image that was used by the corporation on buildings throughout the United States. The ground and second floors were remodeled in 2000 to accommodate a residential use. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS History of Crown Heights and Development of Atitomobile Row Located in the central section of Brooklyn, Crown Heights shares much of its history with the adjacent community of Bedford-Stuyvesant, both of which were within the rural, unincorporated Village of Bedford. In 1827 slavery was abolished in New York State, and free blacks developed the settlements of Weeksville and Carrville, to the east of Bedford Avenue. In the northern part of what is now Crown Heights, mansions were built in the mid-to-late nineteenth century on former farmland; and limestone row houses and apartment houses were built after the construction of Eastern Parkway (1870-1874), the east-west boulevard designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux that bisects Bedford Avenue. Many of Brooklyn's great cultural and recreational monuments were built in this area of Crown Heights: Prospect Park (1866-1905), the Brooklyn Museum (McKim, Mead and White, 1897-1924), Grand Army Plaza (1870), the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (1910), the Brooklyn Children's Museum (1897, demolished), the Brooklyn Public Library (1941) and Ebbets Field (demolished), the elaborate baseball stadium built for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1913 at the intersection of Bedford Avenue and Empire Boulevard. Bedford Avenue was an important north-south transportation corridor, nransversing Crown Heights and intersecting Eastern Parkway. It was originally laid out to extend from the Village of Williamsburgh to Grant Square in Crown Heights, and the section from Fulton Street southward opened on May 3, 1871. The advent of the automobile in the first decades of the twentieth century brought changes in lard use throughout Brooklyn, and gas stations, public parking garages, car showrooms and repair facilities congregated in certain easily accessible areas. In the first decade of the twentieth century, much of Bedford Avenue between Fulton Street and Empire Boulevard was undeveloped.4 Its proximity to an affluent community, the availability of unimproved tracts of land, and its established prominence as a transportation corridor made Bedford Avenue a logical place for the development of automotive showrooms and related automobile facilities. As early as 1912 Trow's Business Directory lists twenty-five automobile establishments along this stretch of Bedford Avenue.5 Beginning in 1911, the Brooklyn Auto Show was held yearly at the Twenty-Third Regiment Armory on Bedford Avenue between Atlantic and Pacific streets, in the heart of Brooklyn's Automobile Row. The significant event received national attention. A 1918 New York Times article oudines the importance of the show. With 107 exhibitors for its two weeks' exhibition, the seventh annual Automobile Show, under the auspices of the Brooklyn Motor Dealers' Association, was opened last night in the 23rd Regiment Armory, Bedford Avenue between Atlantic and Pacific Streets. The exh ibit this week is confined to passenger cars, of which thirty-five makes are shown including "Studebaker." Next Thursday night Secretary of State Francis M. Hugo will he a guest of the association and will speak at the show. The following year The New York Times reported a display of almost 200 passenger cars representing forty-four makes. The article includes Studebaker in the list of cars to be displayed and points out that "all the popular models and types are shown, including a few cars which were not exhibited in the New Yo
american made children's furniture
Seventy-five years after Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal, here for the first time is the remarkable story of one of its enduring cornerstones, the Works Progress Administration (WPA): its passionate believers, its furious critics, and its amazing accomplishments.
The WPA is American history that could not be more current, from providing economic stimulus to renewing a broken infrastructure. Introduced in 1935 at the height of the Great Depression, when unemployment and desperation ruled the land, this controversial nationwide jobs program would forever change the physical landscape and social policies of the United States. The WPA lasted eight years, spent $11 billion, employed 8? million men and women, and gave the country not only a renewed spirit but a fresh face. Now this fascinating and informative book chronicles the WPA from its tumultuous beginnings to its lasting presence, and gives us cues for future action.