WATER SEPARATING FUEL FILTER - LEAF FILTER COMPLAINTS - SWIMPRO SAND FILTER.
Water Separating Fuel Filter
- a filter in the fuel line that screens out dirt and rust particles from the fuel
- A replaceable metal or plastic canister that prevents particulate matter and most contaminants in the fuel from reaching the engine.
- A unit placed in a fuel line to remove dirt and rust picked up from the tank or service fittings.
- (separated) spaced apart
- Cause to move or be apart
- Become detached or disconnected
- (separated) detached: being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
- Form a distinction or boundary between (people, places, or things)
- (separated) detached: no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
- One of the four elements in ancient and medieval philosophy and in astrology (considered essential to the nature of the signs Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces)
- A colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms
- body of water: the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean); "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
- This as supplied to houses or commercial establishments through pipes and taps
- binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams; "Water the fields"
water separating fuel filter - Moeller Water
Moeller Water Separating Fuel Filter (Johnson/Evinrude)
Water Separating Fuel Filters - Type: Fuel Filter - Bombardier. Water Separating Fuel Filters - Type: Fuel Filter - Bombardier
This Moeller fuel filter traps the smallest particles and emulsified water from gasoline with the fine micron-rated filtration media. This model fits Johnson and Evinrude outboard motors. The water separating canister ensures no other contaminates or rust will contribute to a blocked fuel system. The filter heads offer 3/8 NPT ports resulting in high performance for your engine with lower pressure drop rates. The stainless steel, powder-coated, and plastic filter head offers extreme salt-water corrosion resistance. The design allows for immediate inspection of your fuel condition with clear vial.
It’s pretty chilly this morning, perfect for a little hunker-over fire to go with my freshly made Cafe de Cowbois. (That's a silly joke of mine—it's cowboy coffee, meaning that the coffee grounds are added directly to the water. The secret, though, is boil the water, never the coffee. Boiling coffee ruins its flavor. I bring the water to a boil, take it off my camp stove, add ground coffee, stir, let steep for 6 minutes or so, stir again to settle the grounds to the bottom of the pot, then decant the coffee through a campstove fuel filter that is never used for anything but coffee (I have a separate fuel filter for the stove). My family doesn't like coffee grounds in their teeth, but real cowboys don't mind!)
'83 VW Quantum
Here's a picture of my '83 VW diesel Quantum engine. The filter featured above center is my water separating fuel filter, part of the vegetable oil fuel conversion. The hose directly beneath it in the picture (bright silver clamp on one end and beginning of duct tape visible on the other) has worn out and I'm searching high and low for a replacement.