Welcome to the temporary web site for both the International Standards Organization / International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 19770 family of standards, and for ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee (JTC )1 SubCommittee (SC) 7 Working Group (WG) 21. This web site will be in place for about two months while the domain is in transition and new hosting arrangements are being made. It is hoped that a new web site will be brought on line in fall 2015, and if you'd like to be notified when that happens, please click here
The scope of JTC 1 SC7 WG21 is to address IT Asset Management (ITAM) and Software Asset Management (SAM). If you have interest in those areas, the following are recommended sources of information in advance of the new website being available:
- The ISO/IEC 19770-5 standard, which gives an Overview of the 19770 family and defines a common Vocabulary for use in the family. This standard is freely available, once the license agreement is accepted;
- Other published ISO/IEC 19770 standards that are available for purchase here (note this is the US store (ANSI), please contact the equivalent store in your location is you're not in the US);
- The current WG21 Strategic Plan of record, which lays out the group's proposed work items for the next 5-10 year period. (Note that this contains many more items than we currently have resources to address, and so if you're particularly interest in one or more items, please GET INVOLVED);
- The 19770 wikipedia page;
- A set of 19770 white papers, which are somewhat out of date but still have much useful information.