NICKEL SILVER SOLDER - STERLING SILVER EARRING HOOKS - SILVER WHISPER CRUISE SHIP.
Nickel Silver Solder
- a silver-white alloy containing copper and zinc and nickel
- Silver-colored metal alloy containing absolutely no silver and precious little nickel. Closely related to brass it has a few percent of nickel in addition to copper and zinc. Used for trim and bracing on brasswinds. Sometimes French horns are made out of nickel silver instead of brass.
- Not silver at all, except in color, for this alloy contains no silver, but is mostly copper (about 60%), with approximately equal parts of nickel and zinc added. With the addition of a small percentage of tin, the alloy is then called Alpaca.
- join or fuse with solder; "solder these two pipes together"
- (soldering) bonding: fastening firmly together
- Join with solder
- an alloy (usually of lead and tin) used when melted to join two metal surfaces
RAD #205 & #206 8/1/10
These forms start out anticlastically (is that a word?), then I twist them and solder them on to a piece of metal to complete the circle. The one on the left is twisted copper with nickel silver and the one on the right is twisted copper with square brass wire. Then I enamel the inside spaces with opaque enamel and then finish them with lusters. Then I polish them up. Just experimenting with the shapes and enamels.
Ring a Day 71/365
This was my first attempt at married metals and I filed the circles too much, so the gap was too big for most of the solder to flow.