DECORATIVE GARDEN FLAG. PRIMITIVE HOME DECOR WHOLESALE
Decorative Garden Flag
- Relating to decoration
- cosmetic: serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose; "cosmetic fenders on cars"; "the buildings were utilitarian rather than decorative"
- (decoratively) in a decorative manner; "used decoratively at Christmas"
- Serving to make something look more attractive; ornamental
- (decorativeness) an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- work in the garden; "My hobby is gardening"
- A piece of ground, often near a house, used for growing flowers, fruit, or vegetables
- Ornamental grounds laid out for public enjoyment and recreation
- a plot of ground where plants are cultivated
- A large public hall
- the flowers or vegetables or fruits or herbs that are cultivated in a garden
- A ship's country of registry
- Used in reference to the country to which a person has allegiance
- masthead: a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc.
- A piece of cloth or similar material, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole or rope and used as the symbol or emblem of a country or institution or as a decoration during public festivities
- communicate or signal with a flag
- emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design
decorative garden flag - Go Team!
Go Team! Garden Size Flag Pole
Our best loved flag that matches perfectly with flags from our sister store, FansWithPride.com. Made with extreme care and excellent material. Perfect for making an impression! These beautiful, long lasting and durable flag poles are made with the highest quality materials. Providing you with a flag pole that's easy to change your flags every season is our goal.Not only are they easy to use, but they're made to last and last. Sure to hang your flag proudly in front of your home for month after long-lasting month.
Nathaniel J. and Ann C. Wyeth House
Lighthouse Hill, Staten Island The Nathaniel J. and Ann C. Wyeth house is significant for its architectural design and for its historical and cultural associations with two important occupants. Picturesquely sited on Lighthouse (Richmond) Hill, this impressive Italianate villa, constructed around 1856 for Nathaniel J. and Ann C. Wyeth, is a fine example of the mid-nineteenth villas which once dotted the hillsides of Staten Island and are now becoming increasingly rare. Named for his uncle, the noted explorer of the Pacific Northwest, Nathaniel Jarvis Wyeth (1831-1916) was a prominent corporate attorney, state legislator, and civic leader who maintained a law office in this house. According to Staten Island historian Ira K. Morris, Wyeth named this house “Florence Home” in honor of his daughter Annie Florence who died at the age of nine. A rare surviving masonry villa from this period when the majority of Staten Island houses were constructed of wood, this large two-and-one-halfstory house is faced with brick and is trimmed with sandstone. It was among the earliest rural residences in the Italianate style on Staten Island and displays the cubic form, low hipped roof, wide overhanging eaves supported by decorative brackets, paired chimneys with molded caps, and octagonal cupola or belvedere typical of Italianate designs. The house’s relatively narrow trabeated windows have flush stone lintels and projecting stone sills and contain historic paired wood casements. The horizontal attic windows beneath the eaves contain sliding double-lights. In the mid-1920s, the house was acquired by opera star Graham Marr. Marr, who had studied architecture at Columbia University before embarking on his operatic career, was an acclaimed baritone who sang with a number of leading English and American companies and recorded with Columbia Records. Recently the present owner began restoring the paired brackets that had been removed from the house’s crowning cornice and installed new wood parapets above the entrance porch and at the captain’s walk. The Wyeth House is located on Meisner Avenue on the eastern slope of Lighthouse Hill, historically known as Richmond Hill, the southernmost of the chain of serpentine hills that extend through the center of the island from Upper New York Bay. Lighthouse Hill is bounded on the north by Forest Hill Road, on the east by Rockland Avenue, on the south by Richmond Road and on the west by the Latourette Golf Course.1 An Early Archaic period Native American site, with components dating from 7300 to 9300 years ago, known as the Richmond Hill Site, has been identified on Lighthouse Hill near Old Mill Road, about a mile from the Wyeth House. Early twentieth century archaeologists reported finding evidence of a Woodland period (600 BC to European Contact) Munsee2 campsite south of Richmond Road between Moore Street and Hitchcock Avenue and “traces of occupation on the north side of what is now Arthur Kill Road.” It seems unlikely that this property was used as a Native American campsite since it is located on a sloping site relatively distant from a fresh water source. Furthermore, it is unlikely to have served as a lookout camp since it is located below the crest of the hill. About 1671, a mix of Dutch, French, and English farmers began settling in this area of Staten Island. Much of the land on Lighthouse Hill was granted to John Palmer in the 1680s as part of the extensive Iron Hill patent. William Tiller (1691) and James Hubbard (date not established) were also granted smaller patents near Richmond Creek.4 A hamlet developed at Stony Brook, now Egbertville, near the present-day junction of Amboy Road and Rockland Avenue and became the county seat when Richmond County was established in 1683. Several farms were established but most of the land remained undeveloped. Around 1700 several existing Native American trails in the area were flattened to create simple leveled wagon roads: Arthur Kill Road, called Fresh Kill Road, was opened in 1694; Richmond Hill Road was laid out in 1701; the road to Stony Brook was laid out in 1705; and Old Mill Road was officially laid out in 1709 along the route of an earlier road. Around 1695 the Reformed Dutch community built a combination school, church, and home for a “voorlezer” or lay reader on Arthur Kill Road in the tiny hamlet of Cocclestown,5 so named for the abundance of oysters harvested in the area. Considered a superior site because of its location at the convergence of roads leading to all parts of the island and at the head of the navigable Fresh Kills, Cocclestown also became the site of St. Andrew’s Church (Episcopal), constructed from 1711 to 1713. In 1711, the county government built a prison there. In 1728 Cocclestown was officially chosen to be the new county seat and was renamed Richmond Town. A new county court house was constructed there that year. In 1729 the old road to Stony Brook was closed and Richmond Road was opene
Interior City Palace Chandra Mahal
Chandra Mahal Chandra Mahal or Chandra Niwas is the most commanding building in the City Palace complex, on its west end. It is a seven-storeyed building and each floor has been given a specific name such as the Sukh-Niwas, Ranga-Mandir, Pitam-Niwas, Chabi-Niwas, Shri-Niwas and Mukut-Mandir or Mukut Mahal. It contains many unique paintings, mirror work on walls and floral decorations. At present, most of this palace is the residence of the descendents of the former rulers of Jaipur. Only the ground floor is allowed for visitors where a museum is located that displays carpets, manuscripts and other items that belonged to the royal family. There is beautiful peacock gate at the entry to the Mahal. It has screened balconies and a pavilion at the roof from where a panoramic view of the city can been seen. It is set amidst well laid out gardens and a decorative lake in the foreground. Also seen at the top of the Chandra Mahal is the flag of the royal family, which is seen unfurled when the Maharaja is in the palace. It is a one and quarter sized flag. However, when the king is away, the queen's flag is hoisted on the building. There is an interesting anecdote narrated about the 'one and quarter flag', which is the insignia flag of the Maharajas of Jaipur. Emperor Aurangzeb who attended the wedding of Jai Singh, shook hands with the young groom and wished him well on his marriage. On this occasion, Jai Singh made an irreverent remark to the Emperor stating that the way he had shaken hands with him made it incumbent on the Emperor to protect him (Jai Singh) and his kingdom. Aurangzeb, instead of responding in indignation at the quip, felt pleased and conferred on the young Jai Singh the title of 'Sawai', which means "one and a quarter". Since then the Maharajas have pre-fixed their names with this title. During residence there, they also fly a one and a quarter size flag atop their buildings and palaces. There is also a tragic story linked to this palace. Ishawri Singh, son of Jai Singh who was unwilling to face the advancing army of Marathas, ended his life humiliatingly by getting bitten by a snake. Following this, his 21 wives and paramours also committed the then accepted ritual of sati or jauhar (self immolation on the funeral pyre of their husband)