1923 PEACE SILVER DOLLAR VALUE : STERLING SILVER CIGAR BAND RINGS
1923 Peace Silver Dollar Value
- a dollar made of silver
- honesty: southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration
- Silver dollar is a common name given to a number of species of Metynnis, a tropical fish belonging to the Characidae family which is closely related to piranha and pacu.
- harmonious relations; freedom from disputes; "the roommates lived in peace together"
- Mental calm; serenity
- Freedom from or the cessation of war or violence
- the state prevailing during the absence of war
- Freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility
- the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- 1923 (MCMXXIII) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar.
1923 peace silver dollar value - 1923-P -
1923-P - PEACE DOLLAR - CHOICE UNCIRCULATED - SILVER DOLLAR
The Peace Silver Dollar was first struck in 1921 to honor world peace. The last Peace Dollar was minted in 1935. It is America's last-ever circulating Silver Dollar....... The obverse of the coin depicts a finely chiseled portrait of Liberty. The reverse of the coin shows an eagle in repose atop a crag, peering toward the sun through a series of rays, with the word "PEACE" superimposed on the rock. No other U. S. coin produced for circulation has ever borne that motto. The entire run of Peace dollars consists of just 24 coins. Thus, many collectors strive for complete date-and-mint sets....... Struck in .900 Pure Silver. Available in Brilliant Uncirculated
Kami presented me this silver dollar and i really do appreciate her doing so..I am so thrilled with the dollar it is such a special gift..thanks Kami xxx Dwight D Eisenhower he was president of the US in 1952. Thanks Doris..i do know but neglected to add the info..thank you again
The Eisenhower Silver Dollar. I managed to hold on to a number of them from the 70s. 128/365 Days in Color - Silver and shiny metals
1923 peace silver dollar value
Here is a 1923-P MS64 Silver Peace Dollar which has been graded by SGS (Star Grading Service).
There are several Morgan and Peace dollars which, due to their high mintage and low melt, are unbelievably common. The 1923-P issue is one of these. It is probably true that 15 million of these coins still exist out of the almost 31 million original coins. Estimates from experts state that 20% of the existing 1923-P dollars are still in mint condition. They can be found in original mint bags, made-up rolls, or original rolls. The typical uncirculated piece carries a slightly better than average strike, passable mint luster, and average to heavy bagmarks. Of all the Mint State pieces available, it is estimated that 60% are MS-60s and 40% are MS-65s or better. Gem MS-65+ coins are easily available with a good strike, good luster, and few abrasions. It will take a great many years before the supply of uncirculated pieces dated 1923-P begins to dry up. (Information contained above is from James B. Osbon's "Silver Dollar Encyclopedia 2nd Edition")