Used cedar creek 5th wheel : Used toy haulers 5th wheels : Retro longboard wheels
Used Cedar Creek 5th Wheel
- Cedar Creek is an estuary of Delaware Bay in Cumberland County, New Jersey in the United States.
- Cedar Creek is a collection of developments and residences mainly surrounding Swiggetts Pond and Cubbage Pond in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. It is part of the Seaford, Delaware Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Bridgeport is the most populous city in the U.S. state of Connecticut. Located in Fairfield County, the city had an estimated population of 137,912 in 2006 and is the core of the Greater Bridgeport area.
- Used in reference to the cycle of a specified condition or set of events
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and forms part of a machine
- change directions as if revolving on a pivot; "They wheeled their horses around and left"
- steering wheel: a handwheel that is used for steering
- a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
- A circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move easily over the ground
- fifth: coming next after the fourth and just before the sixth in position
- 5 (five) is a number, numeral, and glyph. It is the natural number following 4 and preceding 6.
- The Fifth Amendment (Amendment V) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, protects against abuse of government authority in a legal procedure. Its guarantees stem from English common law which traces back to the Magna Carta in 1215.
Sentinel Island Lighthouse (2 of 3)
Cries of “Gold! Gold in the Klondike!” sparked one of the greatest gold rushes in history. In 1896, when George Carmack and his two brothers-in-law discovered the precious metal where Bonanza Creek flowed into the Klondike River in Canada’s Yukon Territory, the area was almost uninhabited. Soon, however, an army of fortune seekers surged northward from Seattle and other Pacific port cities to try their luck in the gold fields. The route taken by most of the stampeders led them to Skagway, situated at the northern terminus of Lynn Canal and the Inside Passage. From Skagway, the goldseekers still faced an arduous 600-mile trek before they could start panning in the frigid Klondike waters. In observation of the centennial of the Gold Rush, Alaska issued colorful license plates depicting the determined gold seekers threading their way up to Chilkoot Pass en route to the Klondike. Before the influx of people produced by the gold rush, Alaska’s waterways were marked by an occasional buoy, but the United States had yet to build a lighthouse along the vast coastline it had acquired in 1867. Strong currents, fog, rain, and a rocky shoreline made navigating the Inside Passage most challenging, and in 1898 alone, over three hundred maritime accidents were reported along the twisting waterway. Something had to be done to improve navigation, and the Lighthouse Board requested a hefty sum of $500,000 in 1900 for constructing several lighthouses in Alaska. Congress, however, only budgeted a paltry $100,000, which was dedicated towards lights at Five Finger Islands and Sentinel Island. The following year, an additional $200,000 was granted, and the task of lighting Alaska’s coast was gaining momentum. George James, a Juneau resident, was awarded the contract for the construction of the Sentinel Island Lighthouse and work on the project commenced in 1901. To reach the island from Juneau, one had to sail along Gastineau Channel to Auke Bay, and then follow Favorite Channel to its northern end where it joined Lynn Canal, a total distance of twenty-three miles. The original Sentinel Island lighthouse was the only one of its kind built in Alaska. The lighthouse consisted of a square wooden tower attached to the center of the westerly front of a keeper’s duplex, which was a large, two-story building with hipped cross gables. Atop the tower stood a 13-foot-tall, steel and glass lantern room that housed a fixed, fourth-order Fresnel lens. The focal plane of the lens was forty-two feet above the island, and eighty-two feet about the surrounding water at high tide. In addition to the lighthouse, the following outbuildings and structures were built at the 6.5-acre station: A fog signal building, outfitted with a third-class Daboll trumpet. An oil house. A dock supported by wooden pilings. A boat house located on the dock. A hoist house, adjacent to the boat house used for transferring the station’s boat to and from the water. A 360-foot tramway, constructed of steel rails and wooden ties, that connected the dock and lighthouse. A second hoist house containing the equipment for pulling a wheeled cart along the tramway. The construction cost for the entire station was $21,267, and the Sentinel Island Lighthouse was activated on March 1, 1902, though substantial work was still needed. Sentinel Island could not stake sole claim as Alaska’s first lighthouse as Five Finger Islands Lighthouse, located at the entrance to Stephens Passage some eighty-plus miles south of Juneau, went into service the same day. Navigating Lynn Canal was still treacherous even with a light on Sentinel Island. Early in the morning of August 5th 1910, the Princess May was southbound from Skagway carrying 80 passengers and a crew of 68 when she ran aground on the northern end of Sentinel Island. The passengers were safely off-loaded on the island where the keepers did all they could to make them comfortable. Efforts to float the vessel off the island at high tide failed, so sliding ways had to be built and rock blasted away before the Princess May was finally pulled free on September 3rd. After a week of repairs in Juneau, she continued her journey south. Unfortunately, all shipwrecks near Sentinel Island did not occur without loss of life. On October 24, 1918, the S.S. Princess Sophia was also traveling south from Skagway when in bad weather she slammed into Vanderbilt Reef. Passengers were thrown from their births and dishes fell shattered to the galley floor. The captain radioed approaching rescue vessels that there was no immediate danger and that the ship would likely float free at high tide. Later that day, however, it was evident that the ship was stuck fast on the reef. The lighthouse tender Cedar along with the steamer King and Winge were standing by, but the reef made approaching the stranded vessel difficult in the approaching darkness. The rescue vessels sought safe harbor for the night by following the light from Sentinel
Camp Tweedale, Lower Oxford Township, Chester County
Submitted by the Lower Oxford Township Historical Commission Camp Tweedale History At the time of this record (1997), Camp Tweedale was owned by the Freedom Valley Girl Scout Council; it is now owned by the Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania. The camp is located approximately 4 miles northwest of Oxford Borough in Lower Oxford Township, southern Chester County, PA. LOWER OXFORD. Lower Oxford Township is nestled in the rolling hills of southern Chester County approximately one hour from both Philadelphia and Baltimore. In 1754, Oxford (originally known as Hood’s) was founded after Londonderry Township was divided. It was named after Oxford, England. Then in 1797, the Oxford area was split into Upper and Lower Oxford Townships. Hood’s Crossing was a part of Lower Oxford and a stopover for travelers as stagecoaches from Philadelphia and Baltimore traveled through three times a week. In 1805, a post office was established at Hood’s Tavern to service Lower Oxford Township…. Several villages are located in Lower Oxford: Hopewell, Mt. Vernon, Lincoln University, Tweedale, Hayesville, Scroggy, Cream, Reedville, and Pine Grove. MOUNT VERNON. Mount Vernon was the neighboring village of Tweedale. All of the property belonged to the Wallace family, original settlers on this Penn grant land. Specifically John Wallace, property owner in the 1780’s, sold off 75 acres in 1793, and it was later sold to David Dickey in 1815. It was the Dickey Brothers who built the village of Mount Vernon in the 1820’s and named it for Washington’s estate. With its three paper and cotton mills, several shops, post office and scores of workers, it aimed at becoming an industrial city, but it failed to attract the railroad which went to Oxford in 1854. A West Chester paper of 1857 carried a notice which gives a description of Mount Vernon when it was still prosperous. For Sale: 84 acres, large STONE MANSION HOUSE, 2 stone cotton factories with machinery, unoccupied grist mill, blacksmith and tailor shops, one stone tenement, one of four tenements, two other small tenements, small barn, other outbuildings. A news item in 1870 reported a woolen mill at Mount Vernon burned. In 1895 the post office was closed after seventy two years. The boom times had ended. TWEEDALE. The connection between Mount Vernon and Tweedale is made clear in news accounts of property sales of the times. The deaths of John Wallace and his son, Francis, in a single accident complicated the settlement of their estate. Finally in 1824, a West Chester paper carried the following: To be sold at public venue on Saturday, the sixth of March, at the public house of Dr. David Thomas (the inn at Tweedale) at one o’clock in the afternoon a certain messauge ... containing 168 acres more or less ... The improvements are a comfortable log dwelling with a spring of good water near the door, log barn, frame wagon house, and other outbuildings, an orchard of well selected fruit trees with a reasonable portion of meadow. There is a large portion of good woodland ... property of Francis Wallace, deceased. “Spring of good water near the door” places the log house of the Wallaces in a field across the road from the present stone house. Since the field has been cultivated for many years, there is nothing on the surface to indicate the exact site. Thomas Alexander bought the farm at the sheriff’s sale in 1824; the Deed Poll stated there were on hundred eighty-two acres. His property, in what is now Tweedale, is described in a West Chester paper in 1823. For Sale: 51 acres 40 perches and 6% for roads, large stone house occupied as a public house, good stone barn, mill, building is 45 x 50 feet, 4 stories high, water fall of 26 feed, water wheel 22 feet diameter, property of Dr. David Thomas. In 1854 the property was advertised for sale by John Twaddell, said to have been a convivial innkeeper with a Scotch accent. On the Breous Farm Map of 1883, the post office name is spelled Twedale, and the family’s name, Twaddell. Mrs. Lavinia Twaddell had land originally Thomas Wallace’s. A new house was built on the present Mt. Vernon road after David Keech bought eighty-six perches of land from David Lefever in 1826 and an adjacent one acre and eighty-three perches from Thomas Alexander in 1828. Jacob Keech purchased it in 1831 Early industry contributed to the establishment of the various villages that dot the rural landscape. Little information is available on the early village of Tweedale. It is accepted that the village grew up around the Lemon Tree Inn (still standing an occupied as a private residence), as widely known as its owner, John Twaddle, a Scotch innkeeper possessing heavy Scotch burr, for which the village was named. On August 2, 1882, at what was then Ferguson’s Mills, 2 miles northwest of Oxford, James R. Ferguson was named the first postmaster of Tweedale (pop 10). Present day Tweedale is one of several spellings of the name, and is primarily known as the site for one of the