Antique Silver Toast Rack - Parker Sterling Silver Pen
Antique Silver Toast Rack
- A toast rack - or toastrack - is a serving piece having vertical partitions (usually from five to eight in number) connected to a flat base, used for holding slices of toast. It often has a central ring handle for passing round the table.
- A series of large concrete bays which different sizes of aggregate are stored.
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- old-timer: an elderly man
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- Coat or plate with silver
- Provide (mirror glass) with a backing of a silver-colored material in order to make it reflective
- (esp. of the moon) Give a silvery appearance to
odd's and ends21
My antique French Zinc display case that used to be in my store "A Day in the Country", but was later bought by HWP who hid it away until he had convinced me to date him, whereupon I fell in love with him and he later ended up giving this to me for Christmas....*sigh*...such a lucky girl I am.... INSIDE the case...some of my egg cups, pincushions, more first edition Edgar Guest books, Lizie's grandmother Bessie's mother of pearl opera glasses (I actually took them to the opera 'Manon Lescaut' in SF last fall with HWP), some scissors and antique folding rulers, my silver toast rack from England and some fake fruit (because everyone has to have SOME fake fruit!) I'm just a nut. And these are my special treasures....
love this old scale....it's really clean, those are just "age spots"