Blue glass lamp shades - Copal shutters.
Blue Glass Lamp Shades
- (Lamp shade) A lampshade is a fixture that covers the lightbulb on a lamp to diffuse the light it emits. Conical, cylindrical and other forms on floor-, desk- or table top-mounted as well as suspended lamp models are the most common and are made in a wide range of materials.
- (Lamp Shade) The shade serves the important function of blocking the glare from a light bulb and is usually the most decorative part of a lamp. The lamp shade can be made of glass, fabric, metal, or other more creative materials.
- (lamp shade) lampshade: a protective ornamental shade used to screen a light bulb from direct view
- Edward Carroll on Fotopedia
- Blue glass is formed naturally as the result of iron impurities found in most sand. To create a darker blue in the bottle, cobalt oxide can be added during manufacturing. Blue glass was much more popular in the U.S.
blue glass lamp shades - Blue Planet
Blue Planet Electra Lamp
LSE-RTHSM-B Radiant and captivating, the Electra Lamps will add a colorful glow to any space and will surely become the center of attention. The unique glow and design is created by electric charges, twirling and plunging inside glass globes filled with phosphorous gases that add a vibrant glow to the electric arcs. Collect the Electra Lamps in various shapes and colors to electrify any decor. Features: -Available in Blue glass with Green phosphor -Topographic glass Earth representation -Colored glass shape filled with electric charges mixing with phosphorous gases -UL listed -Dimensions: 9'' H x 6'' W
Hostess Cakes Lamp
Here's a really terrific old lamp promoting Hostess Cakes. It's a real functioning lamp with a plastic shade that was made to look like stained glass. The lamp shade has six panels which alternate between the Hostess logo and three of the old mascots - Twinkie The Kid, Chauncey Choco-dile and Captain Cupcake! I've not yet found the origin of these lamps. A couple of them show up for sale on eBay every year, it seems. My guess is that either these were given to Hostess employees or they were given to grocery store managers to grease them up. -- If anyone has reliable information on these, please let me know! Thus far I've seen two different lamps that they made. The other one has red Hostess logo panels instead of blue, has white in place of the yellow on top and has Fruit Pie The Magician instead of Chauncey. Apparently King Ding Dong and Happy Ho Ho did not make the cut, unless there's another lamp out there that I've never seen. This is most likely from the late 1970s, but maybe early 1980s. Chauncey was created around 1977.
9/365 Biological Lamp Shade
An 'internal' perspective of a lampshade in Nikki's living room. The colours have been inverted to create a biological /microscopic feel to it
blue glass lamp shades
A delicate look featuring a branching tree pattern, the Dichroic Glass Blue Tree of Life Earrings can be paired with your versatile, daily wear. The rectangular-shaped earrings are made from dichroic glass with a vivid blue shade. At the center is a black, tree-of-life pattern that holds a special meaning for each individual. The earrings are 1.1 inches long and .4 inches wide. They are subtle enough to wear to the office, to play dates, or to run errands. The sterling silver fishhook backings are sturdy and keep the earrings securely in your ear.