POLES FOR SHADE SAILS. POLES FOR

POLES FOR SHADE SAILS. BED WITH A CANOPY

Poles For Shade Sails


poles for shade sails
    shade sails
  • A shade sail is a device to create outdoor shade based on the same technology as a ships' sail.
  • Ready Made Shade Sails
    poles
  • A long, slender, rounded piece of wood or metal, typically used with one end placed in the ground as a support for something
  • A long, slender, flexible rod of wood or fiberglass used by a competitor in pole-vaulting
  • (pole) a long (usually round) rod of wood or metal or plastic
  • (pole) punt: propel with a pole; "pole barges on the river"; "We went punting in Cambridge"
  • (pole) a native or inhabitant of Poland
  • A wooden shaft fitted to the front of a cart or carriage drawn by animals and attached to their yokes or collars
poles for shade sails - Coolaroo Quik'N
Coolaroo Quik'N EZ Triangle Shade Sail with Pole, Pebble, 9-Feet 10-Inch
Coolaroo Quik'N EZ Triangle Shade Sail with Pole, Pebble, 9-Feet 10-Inch
The Coolaroo Quik'N EZ Shade Sail makes the perfect shade solution for many uses. Whether tailgating, camping, picnicking, partying, or just adding some shade in your backyard, this shade sail goes up easy and provides ample shade. The unique knitted fabric is easy to clean and blocks up to 90-percent of damaging UV rays, but also breathes, allowing hot air to escape and cold breezes to filter in. This can reduce temperatures underneath by up to 32-percent. The weather resistant fabric and components resist fading, mold, and mildew, ensuring your shades will look great for a long time, no matter the weather they are up against. Set includes 7-foot powder-coated steel poles for quick and easy installation.

76% (11)
Heckington Mill Lincolnshire August 2010
Heckington Mill Lincolnshire August 2010
Heckington Windmill is the only 8-sailed tower windmill still standing in the United Kingdom with its sails intact. Heckington is located about midway between Sleaford and Boston in Lincolnshire. The mill stands very close to Heckington Railway Station, hence its previous name of the Station Mill in the 19th century. Construction It was built in 1830 to plans by millwright Edward Ingeldew (who also built, among others, Wragby tower mill in 1831, Waltham Windmill in 1837, and the former Pickworth tower mill) for her first owner and founder Michael Hare of red brick, the outer walls being tarred (provided with a black bitumen paint in order to successfully keep moisture out), as a five-sailed windmill (very similar to Alford Windmill) with Sutton's single patent sails (15 feet tip-width and 12 feet heel-width) providing longitudinal shutters on both sides of the backs (36 feet in length). The mill has six storeys called "floors": ground floor, meal floor, stone (stage) floor, lower bin floor, upper bin floor (hoist floor), dust or cap floor. History Last existing eight-sailed tower windmill in HeckingtonAt that time the five-armed sail-cross drove three pairs of stones and milled grain for a 60-year period of time. But Mr Hare already died in 1834, and the mill handed over to Mr Sleighton Nash and then to Mr Joseph Nash who became its last miller before its defunction in 1890. A horrible tail-wind made the sails run backwards after the destruction of the fantail by lightning leaving the cap rotating uncontrolled, blew off the entire cap with the curb smashing it with parts of the upper gear and all the five sails to pieces, and destroyed the tower rim. Mr Nash had to abandoned the wrecked mill. In 1891 a Mr John Pocklington of Wyberton mill had bought the eight-sailed mill cap with gear of the 78-year-old defunct Tuxford's mill (built in 1813 at Skirbeck by the Tuxford millwright family as an example of their fine work) for just ?72 at auction in Boston without any plans (N.B. the cost of a towerwindmill were ~?2.000 in 1830). As a condition of the deal, he had to remove all the machinery from the mill site. So he was in an urgent need for a suitable mill stump to mount the cap on, as he had no place to put his new acquisition. Luckily he came across the wrecked Heckington mill, bought it subsequently, and, from 1891 until early 1892, he fitted the white onion-shaped and fantail-driven Tuxford's Mill cap to the Heckington Mill and set it working for the following 54 years. Later on he installed a large circular saw-mill in a shed on one side, also driven by wind-power using line-shafts. It was used to make elm boards for coffins. John Pocklington was very successful in milling, baking, building, sawing, and farming. In that time and even up today the mill was also called the Pocklington's Mill. After John Pocklington's death in 1941 the mill stopped working in 1946 for the next 40 years. The shutters ("shades" in Lincs) were removed from the sails. In 1953 the mill came into the hands of Kesteven County Council who made the first restorations preventing the fine old mill from being dismantled and restoring it as a rare landmark. Only four of the eight sails could be installed (from the Old Bolingbroke and Wainfleet St Mary mills, ~ 22/25 miles north east of Heckington). When the mill changed hands to Lincolnshire County Council in 1986 the mill was finally restored to working order (the repairs included the construction of 192 new shades and four new sails sustained by the "Friends of Heckington Mill", with the new sails cross weighing five tons. The cap's overhang assures the fact it is from a mill with a much wider tower top. As a rare feature with post and smock mills (Dutch type mills) and common with "sail windmills" (with pole-shaped sailstocks and triangular sails) such as around the Mediterranean Sea) the sail-tips are linked together by steel rods or cables to prevent sagging in the sails, a probably unnecessary work with this kind of mill sails. Parts of the bigger timber wheels have iron teeth instead of wooden ones. Among the six floors the third one being the lower of the two bin floors provides two grain cleaners (a modern one driven by an electric motor and the other an old wind-driven separator. On the second floor, the stone and stage floor, there are the original three pairs of stones (two pairs of grey and one pair of French quartzite stones) and a drive down to the first floor with a fourth pair of stones. On the ground floor a fifth pair of stones was installed which could also be driven by wind if desired or rather by engine. The mill houses a mixer on the first floor and in addition an elevator from the ground floor. Due to its large sail area supplied by its eight sails and its well-winded site the mill is able to drive four pairs of millstones - now 2 pairs of French (quartzite) stones and 2 pairs of so called Peak stones (Derbyshire sand
Heckington 8-sailed Windmill
Heckington 8-sailed Windmill
Heckington Windmill is the only 8-sailed tower windmill still standing in the United Kingdom with its sails intact. The mill stands very close to Heckington Railway Station, hence its previous name of the Station Mill in the 19th century. It was built in 1830 to plans by millwright Edward Ingeldew for her first owner and founder Michael Hare of red brick, the outer walls being tarred (with a black bitumen paint in order to successfully keep moisture out), as a five-sailed windmill with Sutton's single patent sails (15 feet tip-width and 12 feet heel-width) providing longitudinal shutters on both sides of the backs (36 feet in length). The mill has six storeys called "floors": ground floor, meal floor, stone (stage) floor, lower bin floor, upper bin floor (hoist floor), dust or cap floor. At that time the five-armed sail-cross drove three pairs of stones and milled grain for a 60-year period of time. But Mr Hare already died in 1834, and the mill handed over to Mr Sleighton Nash and then to Mr Joseph Nash who became its last miller before its defunction in 1890. A horrible tail-wind made the sails run backwards after the destruction of the fantail by lightning leaving the cap rotating uncontrolled, blew off the entire cap with the curb smashing it with parts of the upper gear and all the five sails to pieces, and destroyed the tower rim. Mr Nash had to abandoned the wrecked mill. In 1891 Mr John Pocklington of Wyberton mill had bought the eight-sailed mill cap with gear of the 78-year-old defunct Tuxford's mill (built in 1813 at Skirbeck) for just ?72 at auction in Boston without any plans. As a condition of the deal, he had to remove all the machinery from the mill site. So he was in an urgent need for a suitable mill stump to mount the cap on, as he had no place to put his new acquisition. Luckily he came across the wrecked Heckington mill, bought it subsequently, and, from 1891 until early 1892, he fitted the white onion-shaped and fantail-driven Tuxford's Mill cap to the Heckington Mill and set it working for the following 54 years. Later on he installed a large circular saw-mill in a shed on one side, also driven by wind-power using line-shafts. It was used to make elm boards for coffins. John Pocklington was very successful in milling, baking, building, sawing, and farming. In that time and even up today the mill was also called the Pocklington's Mill. After John Pocklington's death in 1941 the mill stopped working in 1946 for the next 40 years. The shutters ("shades" in Lincs) were removed from the sails. In 1953 the mill came into the hands of Kesteven County Council who made the first restorations preventing the fine old mill from being dismantled and restoring it as a rare landmark. Only four of the eight sails could be installed (from the Old Bolingbroke and Wainfleet St Mary mills, ~ 22/25 miles north east of Heckington). When the mill changed hands to Lincolnshire County Council in 1986 the mill was finally restored to working order (the repairs included the construction of 192 new shades and four new sails sustained by the "Friends of Heckington Mill", with the new sails cross weighing five tons. The cap's overhang assures the fact it is from a mill with a much wider tower top. As a rare feature with post and smock mills (Dutch type mills) and common with "sail windmills" (with pole-shaped sailstocks and triangular sails) such as around the Mediterranean Sea) the sail-tips are linked together by steel rods or cables to prevent sagging in the sails, a probably unnecessary work with this kind of mill sails. Parts of the bigger timber wheels have iron teeth instead of wooden ones. Among the six floors the third one being the lower of the two bin floors provides two grain cleaners (a modern one driven by an electric motor and the other an old wind-driven separator. On the second floor, the stone and stage floor, there are the original three pairs of stones (two pairs of grey and one pair of French quartzite stones) and a drive down to the first floor with a fourth pair of stones. On the ground floor a fifth pair of stones was installed which could also be driven by wind if desired or rather by engine. The mill houses a mixer on the first floor and in addition an elevator from the ground floor. Due to its large sail area supplied by its eight sails and its well-winded site the mill is able to drive four pairs of millstones - now 2 pairs of French (quartzite) stones and 2 pairs of so called Peak stones (Derbyshire sandstone) and is able to work in very light breezes, when other local mills don't. An additional dresser is used to make white flour from time to time. Now the distinctive eight-sails windmill is run by the Friends of Heckington Mill and was reopened in 1986. In 2004 the mill underwent its last larger restoration.

poles for shade sails
poles for shade sails
Ingenua Triangular Shade Sail System with Wall Track and Pole - Taupe, Silver, 2 Poles/1 Wall Track - Frontgate
Acrylic Sunbrella ® shade blocks 97% of all uV rays. Reinforced corners prevent wear and tear. Canvas shade is highly resistant to water, mold and fading. Durable anodized aluminum pole. Pole's grooved fittings allow the shade to slide up and down, creating interesting angles that follow the arc of the sun. The Ingenua Triangular Shade Sail System creates a stylish presentation and flexible shaded area around your home, garden, lawn, or deck. Multiple sails can be paired together to create one large shaded lounging or dining area. Simply attach one or more of two sail shapes to the flexible wall and pole tracks, then slide the sails up and down the tracks to block the sun as it moves through the sky. With removable poles, wall tracks, adjustable sliders, and several mounting options, the possibilities are endless. The included wall track systems and poles make installation a breeze. Acrylic Sunbrella shade blocks 97% of all UV rays . . . . . Includes tensioner and snap hooks for attaching shade sail to a wall track or poles . Each pole requires a separate mounting kit (sold separately) . Mounting kits have special fittings that stage the pole at 90? vertical or 75? angles . Read more about how to use the ShadeSail in windy conditions . Shade can be spot cleaned or hosed clean . Perfect for commercial and residential settings alike. Imported.

Comments