Bicycle Light Test - Bike Odometer - What Are The Best Road Bikes.
Bicycle Light Test
- Bicycle lighting serves to increase the visibility of the bicycle rider to others in dark conditions, i.e. to increase the rider's conspicuity and to enhance the ability of the rider to see, illuminating the way forward.
- Reveal the strengths or capabilities of (someone or something) by putting them under strain
- trial: trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
- Give (someone) a short written or oral examination of their proficiency or knowledge
- put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
- any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc; "the test was standardized on a large sample of students"
- Take measures to check the quality, performance, or reliability of (something), esp. before putting it into widespread use or practice
bicycle light test - Cateye Loop
Cateye Loop Safety Light Kit
Designed to emit light in all directions, the Loop light uses a versatile elastic mounting strap to attach just about anywhere. Be seen! Mount Size: 22 - 35 mm Designed to
Safety light design comes full circle with this pair of CatEye Loops, the latest innovation in front and rear bike illumination. Each LED light--which attaches to almost any part of your bike via the go-anywhere elastic mount--is uniquely designed to throw light in nearly all directions for added visibility. No more feeling vulnerable on city streets because your bike isn't catching the eye of passing motorists. The elastic mount, meanwhile, lets you customize your gear and quickly change configurations depending on which light orientation keeps your bike the safest. Other features include simple pushbutton operation, powerful constant and flashing modes, and front and rear styles in white and red.
Runtime: 30 hours (constant), 50 hours (flashing)
Mount size: 22 to 35mm
Battery: CR2032 x 2
Prototype bike-light generator
This is a prototype LED bike-light generator I've made from a cheap (as in "free") stepper motor. When you spin a stepper motor shaft, the motor acts as a generator that produces plenty of power to drive LEDs. I'm driving seven LEDs from just one of the four motor coils. I tested it last night and it works really well (in spite of being so quickly thrown together)! The drive wheel is a nylon gear that I scavenged from an old VCR. It's about 1.5" in diameter, so with the 27" diameter wheel, the ratio is 18 :1. At 10 MPH, the bicycle wheel is turning at ~124 RPM. Multiplying that by 18 gives 2232 RPM for the motor/generator drive wheel. No electronics are necessary either... just connect the LEDs to the motor leads (use the red wire in conjunction with any of the other wires, polarity doesn't even matter).
light paint portrait
This is a lighting experiment using the principles of Strobist and the tools of convenience. And a chance to test out my new portrait lens, the Zuiko 50mm f.2 (100mm f2 after the crop factor). With a piece of grey posterboard behind subject, I used a slow shutter (25 seconds) so that I would have time to paint the light in. I used the glow coming from a laptop computer as a key, raising it up so that the light would aim down and from camera right. Then I put the laptop aside and used a simple bicycle light to fill in from camera left. Subject stayed impressively still for the full 25 seconds. I used Photoshop to desaturate and adjust shadows.There are some noise particles here and there which I'll eventually adjust.
bicycle light test
Schwalbe Extra Light Bicycle Tubes are designed for outstanding reliability. The base material is sieved at enormous pressure through seven filters before being extruded. All tubes are inserted into a mould and inflated for vulcanization to ensure constant wall thickness and high air pressure retention.All valves are nickel plated and threaded and valve inserts are replaceable. Also Schwalbe tubes with the classic bicycle valve are capable of pressure testing.Each tube is crowned with a transparent polycarbonate dust cap.