This activity teaches students how to design a workout that includes all 5 components of fitness using PowerPoint.
- Teacher will give the students an overview of the assignment.
- Teacher will provide examples of the assignment.
- Teacher will give a lesson on the basic use of PowerPoint.
- Teacher will provide class time to work on the assignment.
- Teacher will provide a rubric and feedback to the students on the assignment.
Materials and Equipment
Paper for printout of the slide show
Laminating machine to laminate each paper.
Tape to tape slides on to the wall.
Follow the steps below to create a workout that will include all 5 components of fitness.
- Design a title page that has your name and the title of your workout. To add a new slide, click on the Home tab, followed by clicking on the New Slides drop down arrow. Click on the slide that is in the upper left hand corner titled Title Slide. Input your name and then title of your workout.
- Design a table of contents that provides the order of which the slides are placed in the PowerPoint. For this, create a new slide using the Two Content Slide layout, located in the same drop down menu as the Title Slide in step 1.
- Now it is time to start designing the workout routine you would like to perform. Create a new slide using the Title and Content layout, located in the same place as the Title Slide in step 1. On this slide, You may choose any of the 5 components of fitness, but make sure you put the workouts on each slide in order of which the table of contents shows. You will need at least three workouts or exercises for each component. You will also state how many sets and repetitions you will need for each exercise. If desired, you can also state rest times, but this is not required. Do not forget to state what percent of 1 RM (repetition max) the lift will consist of. (Ex. 70% of 100 lbs is 70 lbs).
- Repeat step 3 for each of the 5 components of fitness. If you need to change the size or font of the text on each slide, click on the Home tab, and use the drop down menu for the font and font size.
- For the last slide, create a new slide using the Title and Content layout. In the title box, state your name. In the content box, type a one sentence quote that you have heard, found, or thought of yourself that is directed towards fitness components, working out, lifting, or anything to do with the weight room.
- Print your presentation. To print, click on the round icon above the Home tab and choose Print.
Authors & Contributors