Healthier Low Fat Brownie with Cream Cheese Frosting Under 200 Calories
by DrDan at 101 Cooking for Two November-19-2011
rich and chewy low fat brownie from scratch. I added some lower fat
cream cheese frosting for a great combination that would be welcomed at
any party. All for just under 200 calories.
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 T butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 T instant coffee
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 oz Reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2/3 cup powder sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees convection. In a large mixing bowl, combine
1 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup apple sauce. Mix well with a hand mixer.
Add 2T butter melted, 2 egg whites, 1T instant coffee and 1t vanilla.
Mix well again.
2) In a separate bowl
mix 1 cup AP flour, 1/2 cup good quality dark cocoa powder, 1 t baking
powder and 1/2 t salt. Mix together well.
3) Now mix dry into the the wet. Mix well but do not over mix.
4) Pour into a greased 8X8 pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5) While brownies are baking, combine 2 oz of reduced fat cream cheese, 1T butter and 1/2 t vanilla.
6) Beat on low with hand mixer until mixed and then increase speed slightly and whip for 10-15 seconds.
7) Slowly add 2/3 cup powder sugar and mix until creamy.
8) After brownies are cooled, cut into 2 inch squires and top with a generous teaspoon of frosting.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins Yield: 16 brownies