SEALS IN TIME
AAR Seals manufacture and supply SEALS IN TIME for hydraulic and pneumatic applications. Seals are manufactured by cutting them out of preformed tubes with technical expertise from our collaborators in Austria. CNC-controlled machines produce seals using proprietary software and cutting tools specifically developed for machining polymers
Seals are made from a wide variety of stock materials, including rubber elastomers, polyurethanes, thermoplastics, and specialty materials with unusually high abrasive resistance, low compression set, and excellent strength. Also available are materials complying with a broad range of industry standards and regulations, such as FDA guidelines for Food Grade Applications. Hydrolysis Polyurethane for hot water and slurry applications are one of the specially designed materials for application such as die casting plants, steel mills et al.
AAR Seals can quickly cut seals from stock materials imported from European countries to exact customer specifications. A wide variety of materials are maintained in stock including, PU, HPU, NBR, Viton, PTFE, Bronze Filled PTFE, PEEK and many more. Depending upon temperature, pressure, application and seals design appropriate materials are chosen, The Company can supply seals and related components up to 1800 mm in diameter
The company catalogs several hundred standard profiles, but can produce virtually any kind of rotating, reciprocating, or static seal for most application.
We’re able to make a complete range of hydraulic seals such as wipers, rod and piston seals, guide rings, and replacements for gland packings, as well as buffer seals and anti-extrusion rings. Other types include, seals, including rotary seals for grease and oil, V-rings for exclusion, static O-rings, and alternative designs with better performance.
A key to custom capabilities and rapid turnaround is the 8 turret CNC-controlled production system that uses proprietary software and special cutting tools developed for machining different polymers, especially polyurethanes.
All machined seals, whether standard or custom, are manufactured on demand with no tooling costs. Production quantities range from a single piece to lots of several thousand. Larger quantities can be produced using moulding processes. Normal lead time is 4 to 5 days, but rush orders for seals up to 520 mm. OD can be shipped the same or next day, depending on the time the order is received. We have the latest art of technology 8 turret CNC machine that manufacture SEALS IN TIME tailored to customer needs.
A range of customers take advantage of customized machined seals from AAR Seals. These include:
- Manufacturing plants, Mining Equipment, Cranes Maintenance person to reduce their down time and machine service time
- Hydraulic Cylinder and SPM manufacturers for critical and demanding applications
- OEMs and end users that face performance issues with standard seals, and need to upgrade the materials or design.
- Users with equipment that suffers a critical breakdown when standard seals are not readily available because they are made overseas, or the machine is outdated and spare parts are no longer sold.
- Equipment-repair specialists who, instead of replacing worn shafts or damaged housings, opt to change the seal dimensions to fit.
- OEMs and end users looking to boost machine output through higher speeds and pressures, but need engineering and testing assistance to develop new seal designs that ensure durability and safety.
In the latter case, AAR Seals engineers will work with customers to develop seals tailored to an application’s specific needs. We have proprietary design and manufacturing software, which helps engineers develop a seal based on the application housing and shaft designs.