English Language Arts
Welcome to Calera Middle school!
Welcome Students & Parents!
Please, take a few moments to browse around my Google site. I truly hope that you find it useful. If you have any suggestions on ways to make it better, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am looking forward to another fantastic year at Calera Middle School!
- Mrs. Guin
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do you have a site?
- This site is a great way for both students and parents/guardians to stay informed about what we are working on in class.
Q: How is your site organized?
- The drop-down menu under Home gives you access to general information regarding my class. Pages that can be located in this menu are...
- About Mrs. Guin (brief biography and professional history),
- Course Information (includes my class syllabus, general policies/procedures, and Google Classroom codes),
- Mrs. Guin's Daily Schedule (courses taught each period and planning period),
- Calera Middle School Bell Schedules, and
- links to other 8th Grade Teacher websites/blogs.
- English 8 and Advanced English 8 each have their own page listed at the top of this site.
- Clicking on the name of your course will take you to the Weekly Agendas page. This page is where I will post a tentative outline of my plans for each week. The most recent week's agenda will be posted at the top of the page.
- Vocabulary resources are located under each course's page.
- English 8 and Advanced English 8 will be studying different vocabulary words this year.
- On the main vocabulary page for each course (English 8 or ADV English 8), you will find an overview of our vocabulary study for this year, along with an outline of how you will be assessed and my rationale for studying vocabulary.
- Vocabulary words will be divided and listed by nine weeks. On each nine week's page you will find...
- a link to blank Frayer Models,
- a link to the Vocabulary Quiz Schedule,
- a list of words & definitions,
- upcoming quiz/test dates, and
- Quizlet links to help you study.
- If you are viewing this site from a phone/tablet, you can access the navigation menu by clicking the three lines in the top left-hand corner.
Q: Where can I find homework assignments?
- Homework assignments will be listed on the Weekly Agendas page. Homework assignments will not always be posted in advance; I will add them at the end of each school day.
Q: How often is your site updated?
- The Weekly Agendas page will be updated at the beginning of each week (usually Sunday night).
- If our plans change (as they often do), I will adjust the weekly agenda accordingly.
- Homework assignments will be added on a daily basis.
Q: What if I can’t find what I am looking for?