Welcome to the CaMS
Welcome to the CaMS Counseling Department! We are here to help each student have the best middle school experience possible.
The goal of the CaMS counseling team is to support and encourage students to reach their academic, career, personal, and social potential. We partner with parents/guardians, staff, and community members to enable all students to become successful, productive citizens and life-long learners in a diverse and changing world.
Our services include assistance with academic, career, and personal/social concerns through:
- Guidance curriculum lessons
- Small group or individual support on topics like divorce, grief, emotional regulation, academic success, etc.
- Referrals to outside community resources and agencies as necessitated
- Personal safety education in accordance with Erin’s Law and Jason Flatt Act
- Collaboration and consultation with parents and staff to ensure individual student success
Students come first in the counseling office. Students are welcome to send us a referral to request an appointment or to come to the office in person to set up a time to be seen. Students are typically not pulled from academic courses, but counselors will see students at any time there is an emergency. We ask that students bring a note from a teacher to meet with the counselor during instruction time.
Parents - please feel free to contact us with any concerns you may have for your child. We may be reached through email or by phone, and you are certainly welcome to stop by when you are on campus. We will be glad to assist you or to set up an appointment if we are busy with students.
The counseling department looks forward to assisting you this school year. We are here to help!