Welcome to my class. My name is Mrs. Clark and I teach 6th grade Language Arts at Shelbyville Middle School. I am also the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade cheer coach at the middle school. I have been married for 18 years. We have one middle school daughter and one high school daughter that keep us hopping. I am excited about this school year and excited to get to know you and your child better. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or just to chat! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the main office and hitting extension X3338. I look forward to making it a great school year!!!!!!
- Daily Language Review quizzes will be every Friday over the Daily Language Review Packet we do in class daily. We go over the answers everyday and the quiz is word for word from these pages :)
- Students will be responsible for reading a certain number of pages in a novel each week and compiling answers to discussion questions for those pages. This will be due on Mondays.
- Students will also be responsible for completing a vocabulary packet for the week with a quiz over the words on Fridays.
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Wednesday - Into the Storm Story
Characterization & Inferences
Thursday - Snow White Character Traits
Friday - DLR Quiz
Characterization over Into the Storm
Reading : Into the Storm
Grammar: Figurative Language
Vocabulary Packet - Into the Storm Due 1/26
Finish E Learning
DLR Quiz Friday
Tuesday - from "Departure" Questions
Thursday-Snow White Character Traits
Vocabulary Words can be studied at:
- www.quizlet.com Make sure vocabulary packet is done for Fridays and study for a quiz over these words on Fridays.
Take Daily Language Review home every Thursday night to study for quiz on Friday!!!!!
Also, take a novel home on Fridays if you are not finished with the reading for the week :)
- E Learning due 1/17/18
- Home Basketball games 1/16 & 1/18
- Library 1/26/18