Alison Poulston (Parton)
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the department of Animal and Plant Sciences at the University of Sheffield, working with Dr Dylan Childs and Prof Paul Blackwell and funded by the Leverhulme Trust. I am working on applying ABC methodologies to a dynamic energy budget model for the Soay sheep population.
My PhD involved developing continuous-time statistical models for carrying out inference on animal movement data obtained by GPS telemetry. Further information on these projects is given here.
I am also the seminar organiser for the Probability and Statistics Seminar Programme.
- PhD in Statistics, University of Sheffield, UK – Sep 14-Jan 18.
- First Class MMath, University of Sheffield, UK – Sep 10-Jul 14.
- University Teaching Associate, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sheffield, UK - Jul 19-.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, UK – Jan 18-Jul 19.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sheffield, UK - Sep 14-Jan 18.